[comp.sys.mac.comm] tn3270 for mac

us264465@mmm.serc.3m.com (Rich A. Nazarian) (05/02/91)

Does anyone out there know if something like tn3270 is available for the
Mac?  We have an AS400 with ethernet and TCP/IP installed and a GatorBox
to get from appletalk to ethernet, but I need network based 3270
emulation to effectively talk to the AS400.
Any info would be appreciated.  Public domain would
be great, but we're more than willing to purchase.

Thanks

snyderr@pogo.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Bob Snyder) (05/02/91)

In article <1991May2.124144.4686@mmm.serc.3m.com> us264465@mmm.serc.3m.com (Rich A. Nazarian) writes:
>Does anyone out there know if something like tn3270 is available for the
>Mac?  We have an AS400 with ethernet and TCP/IP installed and a GatorBox
>to get from appletalk to ethernet, but I need network based 3270
>emulation to effectively talk to the AS400.
>Any info would be appreciated.  Public domain would
>be great, but we're more than willing to purchase.
>
>Thanks

NCSA makes a emulator entitled (appropriately enough) tn3270.  It is public
domain, I believe, and can be ftp'ed from ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu in the
/NCSA_Telnet/tn3270 directory.  I use it whenever I use my mac to connect
to the 3090 here.

Bob Snyder
Mainframe Consultant
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
Snyderr@duvm.ocs.drexel.edu

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (05/03/91)

snyderr@pogo.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Bob Snyder) writes:

>NCSA makes a emulator entitled (appropriately enough) tn3270.  It is public
>domain, I believe, and can be ftp'ed from ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu in the
>/NCSA_Telnet/tn3270 directory.  I use it whenever I use my mac to connect
>to the 3090 here.

Actually, it was written by Peter DiCamillo at Brown University, and the
latest version can be found at brownvm.brown.edu. Credit where credit
is due!

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC

ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (Eric Behr) (05/03/91)

Just nit-picking: tn3270 is developed by Brown University, on the basis of
NCSA telnet (I guess).
--
Eric Behr, Illinois State University, Mathematics Department
Internet: ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu    Bitnet: ebehr@ilstu