[comp.sys.mac.comm] Zmodem

Nigel.Mansell@f31.n343.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Nigel Mansell) (07/14/90)

     Hi, one question, what would be an excellent terminal program
that supports Z modem?  Thanks.  :)

--
Nigel Mansell via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!343!31!Nigel.Mansell

hzink@alchemy.UUCP (Harry K. Zink) (07/19/90)

In article <61417.26A1A77F@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG> Nigel.Mansell@f31.n343.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Nigel Mansell) writes:

>     Hi, one question, what would be an excellent terminal program
>that supports Z modem?  Thanks.  :)
>

>--
>Nigel Mansell via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
>UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!343!31!Nigel.Mansell
>INET: Nigel.Mansell@f31.n343.z1.FIDONET.ORG

The one I would recommend without hesitation is Zterm (in its current version
0.85).  It's shareware,provides Zmodem support, and works wel.  It doesn't have
any fancy macros or scripts(yet!), but shows great promise.

tj@peirce.cis.ohio-state.edu (Todd R Johnson) (07/19/90)

In article <79@alchemy.UUCP> hzink@alchemy.UUCP (Harry K. Zink) writes:
< The one I would recommend without hesitation is Zterm (in its current version
< 0.85).  It's shareware,provides Zmodem support, and works wel.  It doesn't have
< any fancy macros or scripts(yet!), but shows great promise.

	I've tried Zterm, but when uploading to a unix system it
truncates all the file names to MS-Dos style names.  Sometimes I also
end up with 0 size files on the Unix side.

	BTW, is there any way to compress a bunch of text files into a
sigle file on the Mac and extract them on the Unix side (and be able
to read them there)?  I thought Mcvert might do this, but I can't get
it to work on unstuffed text files.

It's pretty bizarre to have stuffit and unzoo on the Mac and Zoo and
unstuff on the Unix side.

	---Todd

-=-
Todd R. Johnson
tj@cis.ohio-state.edu
Laboratory for AI Research
The Ohio State University

nicolas@cnam.UUCP (Nicolas Berloquin) (08/22/90)

I just compiled zmodem on a Vax working with Ultrix v3.2, and I can't get
any protocol to work with WhiteKnight.
when I do a sz zorglub, WK starts zmodem receive, but nothing happens.
The two programs seem not to understand what the other sends...
with xmodem, WK receives the first 128 bytes, but nothing more.
I tried many options, but I can't get it to work.
Could anyone help me?

                Nico...
nicolas@cnam.cnam.fr

rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Robert Cook) (04/23/91)

Does anyone know why I can't "make" the zmodem Makefile?  I get:
  make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 71: Unexpected end of line seen
the line  71 in Makefile says: size sz

Can anyone help??

  You wont find any fancy .signature here
Robert Cook (rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu)

altman@socrates.ucsf.edu (John Altman) (05/19/91)

I'm interested in a list of communications programs which include
an implementation of the Zmodem protocol.

Many thanks in advance
--
John Altman                                    *  altman@picasso.mmwb.ucsf.edu
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, S-926  *