[comp.sys.mac.comm] ZTerm & System 7.0

dickie@schaefer.math.wisc.edu (Garth Dickie) (05/20/91)

On comp.sys.mac.system, I wrote:

-- Most annoying incompatability:  ZTerm 0.85 used to use a custom KCHR to map
   option to control, if you had no control key.  This meant that while ZTerm
   was running, you couldn't type option characters in the Finder, but it was
   still nice.  This doesn't work at all now, leaving me with no way to type
   control characters or escape.  (I didn't discover this one until I tried to
   leave input mode in vi -- I had to drop the connection to get out :-).  So,
   it's MacLayers time...

I got this suggestion, which others might find helpful:

From MJBURNETT%UALR.BitNet@vms3.macc.wisc.edu Mon May 20 07:05:52 1991

--

Garth Dickie -- Math Graduate Student? -- dickie@math.wisc.edu