[comp.sys.mac.comm] SLIP for Mac?

francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu (05/20/91)

Is there anything out there that implements SLIP (the client end, that
is) on a Mac?

In particular, one that uses the MacTCP calls, to work transparently
with existing software?

Thanks in advance!
(we need a word for that phrase...)

/============================================================================\
| Francis Stracke	       | My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|
| Department of Mathematics    |=============================================|
| University of Chicago	       | What do you get if you multiply 6 by 9?     |
| francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu  |  --Ultimate Question			     |
\============================================================================/

kdb@intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (05/21/91)

In article <1991May20.101003.4946@midway.uchicago.edu>,
francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu writes:
> Is there anything out there that implements SLIP (the client end, that
> is) on a Mac?

Yes, but with our builtin drivers, TCP/Connect II.

> In particular, one that uses the MacTCP calls, to work transparently
> with existing software?

Not yet.  Though I know of a couple of efforts.

Kurt Baumann                  703.709.9890
InterCon Systems Corp.   Creators of fine TCP/IP products for
                                       the Macintosh