[comp.sys.mac.comm] sliding windows kermit for the mac

palkovic@linac.fnal.gov (John Palkovic) (05/22/91)

Does anyone know when a mac-kermit that does sliding window transfers
will be available? The unix version (C-Kermit 5A(171) ALPHA) I built
from the source files in kermit/sw on watsun.cc.columbia.edu has
sliding windows.

-John

--
palkovic@linac.fnal.gov || {royko,tellab5,simon}!linac!palkovic

burchil@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Charles Andrew Burchill) (05/22/91)

In <ZQGN-O_@linac.fnal.gov> palkovic@linac.fnal.gov (John Palkovic) writes:

>Does anyone know when a mac-kermit that does sliding window transfers
>will be available? The unix version (C-Kermit 5A(171) ALPHA) I built
>from the source files in kermit/sw on watsun.cc.columbia.edu has
>sliding windows.

>-John

>--

I think White Knight (update of RedRyder) gives you sliding window
capability.
Charles.
Burchil@ccu.umanitoba.ca
>palkovic@linac.fnal.gov || {royko,tellab5,simon}!linac!palkovic

palkovic@linac.fnal.gov (John A. Palkovic) (05/22/91)

[ minor nit: The original article had Distribution: na; you should
stick to that in the followups ]

In article <1991May22.040819.12340@ccu.umanitoba.ca> burchil@ccu.umanitoba.ca
 (Charles Andrew Burchill) writes:
>In <ZQGN-O_@linac.fnal.gov> I write:
>>Does anyone know when a mac-kermit that does sliding window transfers
>>will be available?
>I think White Knight (update of RedRyder) gives you sliding window
>capability.

I should have been more explicit.

I was thinking of the freeware kermit *application*, not the kermit
protocol.  However, a commtoolbox kermit tool with sliding windows
would be pretty interesting.

-John

--
palkovic@linac.fnal.gov || {royko,tellab5,simon}!linac!palkovic