[comp.sys.mac.comm] Internet Access

blake@pro-party.cts.com (System Administrator) (05/22/91)

>Since my student days are rapidly drawing to a close, I anticipate
>losing Internet access soon.  I am interested in subscribing to a
>service such as Compuserve, but I am especially interested in being
>able to email some of the people I have been corresponding with on
>Internet.

FYI;

    user.number@compuserve.com gets you to compuserve from Internet
    >INTERNET:user@site.domain gets you from CIS to internet.

Alternantly you can get the nixpub list id public access UNIX systems
printed monthly (atleats) in alt.bbs.  You may also look at the proline bbs
network that has internet mail.  for a list of proline (apple ][ based
BBS) send a letter to server@pro-lep.cts.com with the following subject line:

                SEND site.list

Other valid subject lines are HELP and INDEX.
______

    UUCP: ...!crash!pnet01!pro-party!blake
Internet: blake@pro-party.cts.com

Blake Farenthold         | Voice: 800/880-1890     |    MCI: BFARENTHOLD
1200 MBank North         |   Fax: 512/889-8686     |    CIS: 70070,521
Corpus Christi, TX 78471 |   BBS: 512/882-1899     |  GEnie: BLAKE

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) (05/23/91)

Does CI$ also provide Usenet access?
(Gotta plan ahead for when (if?? 8-) I graduate...)

--
Ian Chai      Internet: chai@cs.ukans.edu      Bitnet: 2fntnougat@ukanvax
I don't believe in flaming. If I appear to be flaming, either (a) it's an

gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu (05/23/91)

In article <1991May23.043001.7983@hawk.cs.ukans.edu>, chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) writes:
>Does CI$ also provide Usenet access?
>(Gotta plan ahead for when (if?? 8-) I graduate...)

You can send email to any site accessible via the Internet from CI$.  However,
you cannot read Usenet news.  Also, note that your CI$ mailbox has a limit of
50 messages - the 51st will bounce back to the sender with "mailbox full."

---
Jim Gaynor - AgVAX System Manager - Academic Computing - Ohio State University
VMS:<gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu>  UNIX:<gaynor@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Disclaimer : All opinions expressed here are mine and only mine.  So there!
Witty Quote: "Think, think, think, think..." - Winnie-the-Pooh, Taoist Bear.