[comp.sys.mac.comm] Locking MACTCP?

nieland_t@kahuna.asd-yf.wpafb.af.mil (05/14/91)

I remember reading something about an init or cdev that allows you to lock
MACTCP so the user can't make any changes.

What is this software called?  Where is available from?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.
 --

Ted Nieland				nieland_t@kahuna.asd-yf.wpafb.af.mil
Control Data Corporation		nieland@dayfac.cdc.com

Todd Strauch (05/24/91)

In article <1991May14.163606.103@kahuna.asd-yf.wpafb.af.mil>
nieland_t@kahuna.asd-yf.wpafb.af.mil writes:
>I remember reading something about an init or cdev that allows you to lock
>MACTCP so the user can't make any changes.
>
>What is this software called?  Where is available from?

The MacTCP package from Apple comes with a cdev called AdminTCP.  It is placed
in the system folder along with MacTCP.  When MacTCP is first configured via
the control panel, it is done so through AdminTCP.  The interface is exactly
the same as that of MacTCP, except that you have the ability to lock the
configuration once you're done.  After closing down the control panel window,
just trash AdminTCP.  At this point, the user can access MacTCP through the
control panel, but cann't alter any of the settings.