[comp.sys.mac.comm] Communications Toolbox?

cdelay@cie.uoregon.edu (Christian De Lay) (05/19/91)

Just exactly how does one acquire it?  Purchase?  PD?  Cost?

--
cdelay@cie.uoregon.edu

jsaker@zeus.unomaha.edu (Jamie Saker -- Vice President, UNO ACE) (05/20/91)

In article <1991May18.203812.15025@ariel.unm.edu>, cdelay@cie.uoregon.edu (Christian De Lay) writes:
> Just exactly how does one acquire it?

You can order the Communications Toolbox from APDA (Apple Programmers and
Developers Association) at:  1-800-282-2732. Since the Communications Toolbox
is a Class 1 product, you can order it even if you're not an APDA member.
(However, for the small fee it takes to become an APDA member, it's really
worth it!).

>Purchase?  PD?

Yes. Nope. :-)

>Cost?

$50.00

Description (out of the April 1991 APDAlog):

Macintosh Communications Tools Basic Connectivity Set, Version 1.0
One disk, Basic Connectivity Set, which includes the following final
version communications tools:

	Serial Connection Tool
	Teletype (TTY) Terminal Emulation Tool
	Text File Transfer Tool
	XMODEM File Transfer Tool
	Apple Modem Connection Tool
	AppleTalk ADSP Connection Tool
	VT102 Terminal Tool

One disk which includes a sample Communications Toolbox application,
sample end-user tool documentation, and additional technical notes.

M0379LL/B						$50.00

> --
> cdelay@cie.uoregon.edu

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jamie Saker				    jsaker@zeus.unomaha.edu (Internet).
Vice President 			    	 	jsaker@unoma1 (BITNET).
Director, Information Services						      .
UNO Association of Collegiate Entrepreneurs		"No Red Beads until   .
							 further notice!"     .
CBA 503, UNO								      .
Omaha, NE  68182		ACE: Join us today... or work for us tomorrow .
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com (Rich Long) (05/20/91)

In article <14996.2836708b@zeus.unomaha.edu>, jsaker@zeus.unomaha.edu (Jamie Saker -- Vice President, UNO ACE) writes...
[Comm Toolbox from APDA]

 hmmm. I was under the impression that System 7 was going to include the  Comm
 Toolbox. What is it, anyway? Are new system routines included, and are those
 part of 7.0? I know about the part you can see (stuff in the Communications
 Folder).

Richard C. Long | long@mcntsh.enet.dec.com            | Selfware: If you like
--------------- | ...!decwrl!mcntsh.enet.dec.com!long | this program, send
A First Edition | long%mcntsh.dec@decwrl.enet.dec.com | yourself five bucks!

white@vulcan.anu.edu.au (Dave White) (05/20/91)

 > I was under the impression that System 7 was going to include the  Comm
 > Toolbox. What is it, anyway? Are new system routines included, and are those
 > part of 7.0? I know about the part you can see (stuff in the Communications
 > Folder).

One more question ... Now that system 7 is out (and I've got it :-)), how are
those tools (the ones listed from the APDA disk) going to be available ?  FTP ? Apple resellers ? APDA ? pay money ?

Dave.

--
|O|       Do you realise how long it's taken       |O|
|O|        me to think of this .signature ?        |O|

Gary.Penn@p911.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Gary Penn) (05/21/91)

CD> From: cdelay@cie.uoregon.edu (Christian De Lay)
CD> Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.comm

CD> Just exactly how does one acquire it?  Purchase?  PD?  Cost?

CD> --
CD> cdelay@cie.uoregon.edu

The Comm Toolbox is part of System 7.0. If you have system 6, Apple
puts it out on disk images available to licensed BBS sights. As for the
comm tools which come with the toolbox, they weren't in System 7, so I
don't know what they expect you to do.

 * Origin: The Clone: Macintosh Things - 301-946-8677 (1:109/421.911)

glenn@gla-aux.uucp (Glenn Austin) (05/24/91)

In article <1991May18.203812.15025@ariel.unm.edu>, cdelay@cie.uoregon.edu (Christian De Lay) writes:
> Just exactly how does one acquire it?  Purchase?  PD?  Cost?

If you have System 7, you have the toolbox.  If you need tools, you need
to either purchase them (from APDA), or get them as part of the CTB-aware
application, like MacTerminal 3.0.

If you are not using System 7, then you will need to get the toolbox from
the sources listed above for tools.

| Glenn L. Austin                | "Turn too soon, run out of room.           |
| Macintosh Wizard and           |    Turn too late, much better fate."       |
| Auto Racing Driver             |   -- Jim Russell Racing School Instructors |
| Usenet:  glenn@gla-aux.uucp         | CI$:       76354,1434                 |
| GENie:   G.AUSTIN3                  | AOnline:   GAustin                    |