[comp.sys.mac.comm] White Knight..Kermit transfer question. HELP!

gt5870c@prism.gatech.EDU (Ernst Blofeld) (05/24/91)

I am using White Knight v11.07 and I connect to a VMS VAX machine which
runs CMS. I have a bunch of binhex files I want to grab (I am calling via
dial-in) and the only transfer protocol availible is Kermit. An example of
what I do is get the file ASSAULT-20.HQX is:

>Kermit
Kermit-CMS>SEND ASSAULT-20.HQX HQX

Then it tells me to go to my remote Kermit (White Knight I assume) and
prepare to recieve the file. I then select recive Kermit but nothing
happens..no dialogs, nothing. The send/recive lights flicker quickly in
unison every 10 or so seconds for about a second and after about a min. or
2 WK shows a dialog saving the file-transfer was unsuccessful.

Please help..I really need these files. Thanks in advance.

-Noah

BTW: Please e-mail responses, thanks.

burchil@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Charles Andrew Burchill) (05/25/91)

In <29766@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt5870c@prism.gatech.EDU (Ernst Blofeld) writes:

>I am using White Knight v11.07 and I connect to a VMS VAX machine which
>runs CMS. I have a bunch of binhex files I want to grab (I am calling via
>dial-in) and the only transfer protocol availible is Kermit. An example of
>what I do is get the file ASSAULT-20.HQX is:

>>Kermit
>Kermit-CMS>SEND ASSAULT-20.HQX HQX

>Then it tells me to go to my remote Kermit (White Knight I assume) and
>prepare to recieve the file. I then select recive Kermit but nothing
>happens..no dialogs, nothing. The send/recive lights flicker quickly in
>unison every 10 or so seconds for about a second and after about a min. or
>2 WK shows a dialog saving the file-transfer was unsuccessful.

>Please help..I really need these files. Thanks in advance.

>-Noah

There are a couple of things you might want to check, both on the VAXand
WhiteKnight.
  1.  Version of Kermit on VAX
  2.  Set the dial in 7 data bits, 1 stop bit, even parity - if possible.
  3.  Set lowest common denominator for kermit classic Kermit, no crc,
      and there is a level thing - I think.  Set to level one.  Most of
      this is in your white Knight manual.
Charles