[comp.sys.mac.comm] SupraModem 2400Plus

cotizelati@sissa.cineca.it (05/28/91)

I have a problem with a 2400 SupraModem Plus. I cannot connect in autorelaible
mode to a 2400 MNP4 modem. The two modems give the connect 2400/REL, but then
I cannot send any message to the other modem, while I receive all right.
If I work in normal mode everything is fine. Any idea of what is wrong?
I did succed in connecting to a MNP5 modem.

Thanks a lot

Vittorio Coti Zelati

cotizelati@sissa.cineca.it

curfmanm@darkstar.oes.orst.edu (Matthew Curfmanm) (05/29/91)

|I have a problem with a 2400 SupraModem Plus. I cannot connect in autorelaible
|mode to a 2400 MNP4 modem. The two modems give the connect 2400/REL, but then
|I cannot send any message to the other modem, while I receive all right.
|If I work in normal mode everything is fine. Any idea of what is wrong?
|I did succed in connecting to a MNP5 modem.

From a conversation with Supra, there is apparently a bug in the modem roms
that doesn't let it connect to non-Supra modems in v.42 mode.  He gave me the
following workaround:

By entering the following
command "-J0" prior to dialing
will connect in V.42bis mode:

     AT-J0DT737-1511

Hope this helps ... :)

Matt Curfman                                        Computing Technology Unit
curfmanm@oes.orst.edu                       Oregon State University Extension
                      Standard Disclaimer Applies

wrs@mcshh.hanse.de (Wolfgang R. Schulz) (05/30/91)

cotizelati@sissa.cineca.it writes:

>I have a problem with a 2400 SupraModem Plus. I cannot connect in autorelaible
>mode to a 2400 MNP4 modem. The two modems give the connect 2400/REL, but then

As MNP5 has just compression added to MNP4 and otherwise is identical
you might try the AT%C0 command, which disables data compression
during a reliable connection. AT%C1 would enable it.
Wolfgang
--
***Wolfgang R. Schulz, Theodor-Koerner-Weg 5, 2000 Hamburg 61, Germany***
***phone: +49 40 5521878*****BTX: 0405521878*****MCI Mail: 241-2526******