[comp.sys.mac.comm] MacDFT and printing to a laser?

6600dayl@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Darryl "NOT Sara" Lee) (05/23/91)

Hi--

as usual the people here that are supposed to know don't, so i'm asking the
knowledgable people of net news:

someone in my office is running MacDFT, apple's PC 3270 emulation program
that allows her to run PROFS.  Anyways, the program has an option called,
intuitively enough, PRINT SCREEN, but every time i look, it's greyed out...

so the only way that i can tell this poor person how to print any memo
that she gets is to copy the memo (a la cloverleaf-c) and then switch
to ms word and paste the memo. Then print it from there.  ugh...there's
GOT to be an easier way.

i KNOW that Apple, kind company that it is (yeah right) only let's screen
dump (shift-command-4) work with Imagewriters. Could this be the same reason
why this particular Apple product isn't printing to the laser printer?

oh...specs?  i've got specs:

iici, 5mb ram, 40 meg hd, apple ethernet (or 3270 or whatever card--i'm
not sure), hp laserjet iid w/ hp appletalk interface and postscript cart.

by the way---DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, LET ANYONE TALK YOU INTO
BUYING THIS PARTICULAR PRINTER.  IT'S THE SLOWEST THING UNDER THE SUN,
DESPITE WHAT THE ADS SAY.  (sorry, it's just REALLY irritating)

	--Darryl Lee
  	  6600dayl@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu

rkn@apple.com (Hud Nordin) (05/31/91)

In article <11515@hub.ucsb.edu> 6600dayl@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Darryl "NOT
Sara" Lee) writes:
> someone in my office is running MacDFT, apple's PC 3270 emulation program
> that allows her to run PROFS.  Anyways, the program has an option called,
> intuitively enough, PRINT SCREEN, but every time i look, it's greyed
> out...
>
> so the only way that i can tell this poor person how to print any memo
> that she gets is to copy the memo (a la cloverleaf-c) and then switch
> to ms word and paste the memo. Then print it from there.  ugh...there's
> GOT to be an easier way.
>
> i KNOW that Apple, kind company that it is (yeah right) only let's screen
> dump (shift-command-4) work with Imagewriters. Could this be the same
> reason
> why this particular Apple product isn't printing to the laser printer?

My MacDFT contact tells me: As described in the ReadMe that accompanied
MacDFT, there was a Font/Printer Driver problem in the System.  Turn off
backgound printing and the grayed out PRINT SCREEN will magically be an
avilable option in the FILE menu.