[comp.sys.mac.comm] Telnet tool for CTB??

ccgavin@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Gavin Stone-Tolcher) (05/28/91)

Does anyone know of a Telnet tool for the Communications toolbox. We are
currently using MacTerminal and find the lack of a telnet tool a problem
in a multiprotocol environment.

Any help appreciated,
Gavin...

--
Internet: ccgavin@cc.uq.oz.au                         Phone: +61 7 365 3942
  Postal: Gavin Stone-Tolcher, Network Management, Prentice Computer Centre

han@Apple.COM (Byron Han) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May27.222126.15141@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au> ccgavin@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Gavin Stone-Tolcher) writes:
>Does anyone know of a Telnet tool for the Communications toolbox. We are
>currently using MacTerminal and find the lack of a telnet tool a problem
>in a multiprotocol environment.

You might want to try either Advanced Software Concepts (email address
ADV.SOFT@applelink.apple.COM) or Intercon (their exact e-mail address
escapes me at the moment) They both have connection tools that support Telnet.

This is not an official Apple endorsement or statement.
--

Byron Han, CommToolbox Emir       Our CEO makes more than yours...
Apple Computer, Inc.              --------------------------------------------

gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu (Garance A. Drosehn) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May27.222126.15141@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au>
           ccgavin@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Gavin Stone-Tolcher) writes:
> Does anyone know of a Telnet tool for the Communications toolbox. We are
> currently using MacTerminal and find the lack of a telnet tool a problem
> in a multiprotocol environment.

I believe the latest version of Versaterm has a telnet tool.  I haven't
actually received the upgrade yet (but then I just ordered it last Friday).

 -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Garance Alistair Drosehn   = gad@rpi.edu  or  gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
ITS Systems Programmer                       (handles NeXT-type mail)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;  Troy NY  USA

kdb@intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (05/31/91)

In article <1991May27.222126.15141@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au>,
ccgavin@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Gavin Stone-Tolcher) writes:
> Does anyone know of a Telnet tool for the Communications toolbox. We are
> currently using MacTerminal and find the lack of a telnet tool a problem
> in a multiprotocol environment.
>
> Any help appreciated,
> Gavin...

Yes there are two that I know of (actually three, but you can't get that one
without buying the whole package).

1.  InterCon Telnet Driver/Tool, contains a telnet driver for VersaTerm,
MicroPhone II, and a couple of other applications, and contains a Telnet and
raw TCP Tool for the CTB.

2.  TCPack, sold by a French company (who I cannot for the life of me remember
their name), which is a Telnet Tool, and contains a FTP application.

That's about it.

Kurt Baumann                  703.709.9890
InterCon Systems Corp.   Creators of fine TCP/IP products for
                                       the Macintosh