[comp.sys.mac.comm] RR 9.4 and sys7?

gillies@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Don Gillies) (06/01/91)

I am having a problem with system 7.0 and red ryder 9.4.  Sometimes
when I run RR9.4, it says "not enough memory, reducing the number of
saved screens to 1".  It then goes ahead and permanently changes the
configuration of RR9.4.

I have a 5Mb machine and these messages appear when there are no other
applications running.  What gives?  Is there a workaround?  It is a
pain to have to reset the number of screens to 40 immediately after it
prints this stupid message.

Don Gillies	     |  University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
gillies@cs.uiuc.edu  |  Digital Computer Lab, 1304 W. Springfield, Urbana IL

--

burchil@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Charles Andrew Burchill) (06/01/91)

In <1991May31.194912.28096@m.cs.uiuc.edu> gillies@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Don Gillies) writes:

>I am having a problem with system 7.0 and red ryder 9.4.  Sometimes
>when I run RR9.4, it says "not enough memory, reducing the number of
>saved screens to 1".  It then goes ahead and permanently changes the
>configuration of RR9.4.

>I have a 5Mb machine and these messages appear when there are no other
>applications running.  What gives?  Is there a workaround?  It is a
>pain to have to reset the number of screens to 40 immediately after it
>prints this stupid message.

>Don Gillies	     |  University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
>gillies@cs.uiuc.edu  |  Digital Computer Lab, 1304 W. Springfield, Urbana IL

Try resetting the memory allocation in the get info box, if this does
not work I have no idea.
Charles