[comp.sys.mac.comm] Need of Mac Comm. program!

csrag@uoft02.utoledo.edu (05/30/91)

Hello you netters out there!

I am need of a "good" communications program for file transfers
from BBS's and our mainframe.  It needs VT100 emulation too.
Any suggestions for the "best" programs would be appreciated!
Any kind, either freeware/shareware or "real" you go to store and
buy kind of progs.  I've heard White Knight is great.  I've tried
Zterm, but it crashes frequently on my Mac IIfx.  Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Rob Gasser                   *      CSRAG@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU
     "Hey, save that broom, from the S W E E P of the A's"
             WORLD CHAMPION CINCINNATI REDS!!!

thomas@well.sf.ca.us (Tom Voltz) (06/01/91)

csrag@uoft02.utoledo.edu writes:
>I am need of a "good" communications program for file transfers
>from BBS's and our mainframe.  It needs VT100 emulation too.
>Any suggestions for the "best" programs would be appreciated!
>Any kind, either freeware/shareware or "real" you go to store and
>buy kind of progs.  I've heard White Knight is great.  I've tried
>Zterm, but it crashes frequently on my Mac IIfx.  Any help?

Rob:

Good news indeed!  MicroPhone II is an excellent telecommunications
package with one of the best VT100 emulations out there.  It's real
strength is the scripting and automation capabilities. Trust me I work
for the company that makes it ;-)

Anyway, its a top notch package.  It's priced at $295, but looks like
you are at a university, so you can purchase it DIRECT from Software
Ventures at an excellent EDUCATIONAL DISCOUNT.

For full time members (faculty, students and staff) of any accredited
academic institutions in the United States, MicroPhone II is available
according to the following price structure:

	Units    Cost per unit
	1-4          $85 + shipping (6 lbs, UPS ground)
	5 +           $65  + shipping (6 lbs, UPS ground)

Typically, individuals purchase direct 1 or two units.  Campus
bookstores buy 5 or more and resell them.  Sometime someone can
explain why ANYONE would buy 4 at $85 instead of 5 at $65! (Belive me,
they do!)

Anyway, if you need more info, or want to place an order contact me.

Tom Voltz
Academic Sales
Software Venutures
415-644-3232