[comp.sys.mac.comm] Telnet 2.x Macros

iceman@sequent.com (Ian Evans) (06/04/91)

I have NO IDEA why I asked for macro help in Zterm, Hmmmmm.....

What I REALLY wanted was help with macros in Telnet.  I'm using NCSA
Telnet 2.4b11 with MacTCP 1.0.2 under System 7.0.  The macro capability is
quite simple, but I wanted to know if a return could be added to the
end.  I tried ^M with no luck.  I also wanted to know if multiple
commands could be added to a single macro.

Any Ideas???
	Ian C. Evans -- The ICEMAN		Sequent Computer Systems Inc.
	iceman@sequent.com			Desktop Computing Platforms

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (06/04/91)

iceman@sequent.com (Ian Evans) writes:

>What I REALLY wanted was help with macros in Telnet.  I'm using NCSA
>Telnet 2.4b11 with MacTCP 1.0.2 under System 7.0.  The macro capability is
>quite simple, but I wanted to know if a return could be added to the
>end.  I tried ^M with no luck.  I also wanted to know if multiple
>commands could be added to a single macro.

More extensive stuff in the 2.3 manual on pp. 2.8-2.9, but:

1. CR LF in a macro is \r or \n.
2. Multiple commands should be no problem.

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC