[comp.sys.mac.comm] FTP for MacTCP? The Mother Of Responses!!!

ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (Eric Behr) (06/13/91)

>In article <1991Jun12.004143.13195@wolves.uucp> ggw@wolves.uucp (Gregory G. Woodbury) writes:
>
>   As a simple answer - NO, there is no ftp client that I am aware of for
>   the Mac.

Could we please stop this? ftp clients for the Mac:

BYU modification of the NCSA Telnet (zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu, in
/contributions at some level) [*]

HyperFTP (HC stack - Sumex, in /info-mac/comm ?) [*]

XferIt 1.4 (mondo.engin.umich.edu, also on Sumex but older version) [**]

Versaterm and VersaTerm Pro  [***]

InterCon's TCP/IP package [***]

Stanford's SUMac/IP (jessica.stanford.edu ?) [**]

* = free
** = shareware or cheap for edu. institutions
*** = commercial

There may be others, but this (I think) is more than enough.
--
Eric Behr, Illinois State University, Mathematics Department
Internet: ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu    Bitnet: ebehr@ilstu