[comp.sys.mac.comm] ZTERM help on stopping callwaiting

tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu (Todd Green) (06/22/91)

>the asterik in the number area and it should work.  But it doesn't.
>Is there something besides the asterik that stands for the star button.

Try 1170

Todd

--
Internet: tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
NeXTMail: tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu

peterc@Sugar.NeoSoft.com (Peter Creath) (06/23/91)

You could try "1170"  I don't see why *70 wouldn't work, unless:
1) You're on a pulse-only system (not touchtone), thus you need 1170
2) The line you're on doesn't HAVE call waiting, so you don't need to
   deactivate it...

--

lemke@radius.com (Steve Lemke) (06/25/91)

peterc@Sugar.NeoSoft.com (Peter Creath) writes:

>You could try "1170"  I don't see why *70 wouldn't work, unless:
>1) You're on a pulse-only system (not touchtone), thus you need 1170
>2) The line you're on doesn't HAVE call waiting, so you don't need to
>   deactivate it...

Some time ago, I actually modified my version of Zterm in the following way:

I changed the pulse dial string (using ResEdit - don't remember which string
it was off hand) to say "ATDT*70," instead of "ATDP".  Thus, the pulse dial
string disables call-waiting, and the tone dial string still does "ATDT".

Next step is to go into the dialog that contains the Pulse Dial checkbox (the
Phone Number dialog), and change the text of that prompt to read "Disable
call-waiting" instead of "Pulse dial".  Presto!  Now, simply checking that
box makes all calls disable call-waiting.  If I happen to switch to my
roommate's modem (he has a V.32; I don't), which is connected to his line,
which does NOT have call waiting, I simply uncheck that box, and now all
calls are placed normally.  It saves having to edit the phone number in every
service that I've pre-programmed into ZTerm.

Pretty slick, eh?  Good ol' ResEdit to the rescue...    :-)

--
----- Steve Lemke, KC6QDT - Software Engineering, Radius Inc., San Jose -----
----- Reply to: lemke@radius.com -- U.C. Santa Barbara ECE Class of '89 -----