[comp.sys.mac.comm] Users of uAccess at world.std.com

david@world.std.com (david c spiegelman) (06/22/91)

I am possibly interested in buying a copy of uAccess for my home Mac IIx.
Could people who use it at world.std mail me so that I may direct questions
to them.

It might be nice to compile a list for perhaps forming a user group as well.

David C. Spiegelman
david@world.std.com
...!uunet!world!david

costello@stx.UUCP (Michael E. Costello) (06/22/91)

In article <1991Jun21.192824.1454@world.std.com>, david@world.std.com (david c spiegelman) writes:

> I am possibly interested in buying a copy of uAccess for my home Mac IIx.
> Could people who use it at world.std mail me so that I may direct questions
> to them.
>
> It might be nice to compile a list for perhaps forming a user group as well.

Have you spoken with the administrators there? We have a number of people
in our organization who are interested in doing the same thing, but
World has so far demurred, citing some sore of conflict with Alternet.
It's a great idea, and I would be interested in helping any way I can.

Michael Costello, Meeting Director * costello@world.std.com * 617-631-8188
     BCS*Mac  *  The Boston Computer Society Macintosh User Group

bzs@world.std.com (Barry Shein) (06/22/91)

Michael Costello is correct, World does not provide direct UUCP main
and news service. UUNET does, and we have modems here which will
connect you to them directly. UUNET has its own price schedule for
this service and you will need to become a customer of theirs to do
this. See the file "access" under "help uunet" for details.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs@world.std.com          | uunet!world!bzs

kovar@eclectic.COM (David C. Kovar) (06/25/91)

>> I am possibly interested in buying a copy of uAccess for my home Mac IIx.
>> Could people who use it at world.std mail me so that I may direct questions
>> to them.
>Have you spoken with the administrators there? We have a number of people
>in our organization who are interested in doing the same thing, but
>World has so far demurred, citing some sore of conflict with Alternet.
>It's a great idea, and I would be interested in helping any way I can.

  Could someone explain to me, perhaps via email, what is desired here?
I take it that you want a UUCP feed from The World and they can't do
so because of Alternet?

  If this is the case, I *might* be able to help. eclectic.com is a
quasi-public access Unix site in Boston with a direct Internet connection
via NEARNet. Setting up a UUCP feed might be legit, and fairly easy.

--

-David C. Kovar
	Consultant				Internet: kovar@eclectic.com

         "It is easier to get forgiveness than permission."