[comp.sys.mac.comm] 80386

maverick@rata.vuw.ac.nz (Paul Thompson) (06/21/91)

	I have a flatmate who has a '386 running some unix (im not sure which
one) How do I go about using it as a fileserver? What hardware/software do I
need?

Cheers, Paul.

Lord Fingolfin          | "Maentwrog"
MAVERICK@rata.vuw.ac.nz | A celtic word for a computer spelling mistake.
FINGOLFIN@st1.vuw.ac.nz |                     THE MEANING OF LIFF (c) 1983
          Paul Thompson |                     Douglas Adams & John Lloyd.

    Disclaimer: I disclaim EVERYTHING. 'I know NUFFINK' (Hogan's Heros).

kdb@intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun20.203715.26528@rata.vuw.ac.nz>, maverick@rata.vuw.ac.nz
(Paul Thompson) writes:
> 	I have a flatmate who has a '386 running some unix (im not sure which
> one) How do I go about using it as a fileserver? What hardware/software do I
> need?

Get NFS running on the UNIX box and then get a NFS client for the Mac.  Such as
NFS/Share or TWG's MacPathWay NFS Client.

Provided of course that you have some sort of network cabling going between
them.:-)

Kurt Baumann                  703.709.9890
InterCon Systems Corp.   Creators of fine TCP/IP products for
                                       the Macintosh