[comp.sys.mac.comm] Graphical ftp software info

iceman@sequent.com (Ian Evans) (06/25/91)

I'm looking for an ftp client that represents the local and remote
hosts in a grpahical form.  We have lots of users who are not well
versed in command line prompts on unix machines.

Is there a graphical ftp package available??

	Ian C. Evans -- The ICEMAN		Sequent Computer Systems Inc.
	iceman@sequent.com			Desktop Computing Platforms

James.W.Matthews@dartmouth.edu (James W. Matthews) (06/25/91)

In article <1991Jun24.172351.27506@sequent.com>
iceman@sequent.com (Ian Evans) writes:

> Is there a graphical ftp package available??

Depends on what you mean by "graphical".  I don't know of any that give
you the Finder desktop metaphor, with icons that you drag around.  But
both
TCP/Connect II from Intercon and MacFTP from Network Resources Corp.
give
you remote file lists where files and directories are marked with the
standard
Mac icons.

You can get more information about TCP/Connect II from
kdb@intercon.com,
and more info about MacFTP from NRC.MKTG@applelink.apple.com.

Jim Matthews
Dartmouth Software Development

Disclaimer: I wrote MacFTP.

kdb@intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (06/26/91)

writes:
> I'm looking for an ftp client that represents the local and remote
> hosts in a grpahical form.  We have lots of users who are not well
> versed in command line prompts on unix machines.
>
> Is there a graphical ftp package available??

Yes for quite sometime.  You can get what you are looking for from one of the
following companies: InterCon Systems, Wollongong, or Novell.

Kurt Baumann                  703.709.9890
InterCon Systems Corp.   Creators of fine TCP/IP products for
                                       the Macintosh