[comp.sys.mac.games] SimCity Problem

henry@chinet.chi.il.us (Henry C. Schmitt) (05/05/90)

Can anyone figure this one out?  I got SimCity Supreme 1.2c about
two weeks ago and it ran ok but occasionally froze on start-up. I
just upgraded my memory from 4Mb to 8Mb and now SimCity draws all
over the screen, not just in its window. (I know, tough life huh?)

I'm running on a Mac IIci using the built-in video, System 6.0.4,
MultiFinder 6.1b9, and a bunch of INITs.  I've tried 2, 4, and 16
colors with the same results.  I've also tried turning off most of
my INITs, no help.

If anyone's run into this or knows of any specific
incompatibilities, let me know.

				Thanx!
--
  H3nry C. Schmitt     | CompuServe: 72275,1456  (Rarely)
 Royal Inn of Yoruba   | UUCP: Henry@chinet.chi.il.us  (Best Bet)

kyt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Kok Yong Tan) (05/06/90)

In article <1990May4.220730.16025@chinet.chi.il.us> henry@chinet.chi.il.us (Henry C. Schmitt) writes:

>Can anyone figure this one out?  I got SimCity Supreme 1.2c about
>two weeks ago and it ran ok but occasionally froze on start-up. I
>just upgraded my memory from 4Mb to 8Mb and now SimCity draws all
>over the screen, not just in its window. (I know, tough life huh?)
>
>I'm running on a Mac IIci using the built-in video, System 6.0.4,
>MultiFinder 6.1b9, and a bunch of INITs.  I've tried 2, 4, and 16
>colors with the same results.  I've also tried turning off most of
>my INITs, no help.
>
>If anyone's run into this or knows of any specific
>incompatibilities, let me know.
>
>				Thanx!
>--
>  H3nry C. Schmitt     | CompuServe: 72275,1456  (Rarely)
>                       | GEnie: H.Schmitt  (Occasionally)
> Royal Inn of Yoruba   | UUCP: Henry@chinet.chi.il.us  (Best Bet)

Is this version of SimCity 32-bit compatible?  I have SimCity Supreme V1.1c and
it kept crashing on me.  Maxis Software Tech Support told me that the version I
had was NOT 32-bit compatible and since I run System 6.0.4, 32-bit QD was
causing my problems.  Maxis Software will provide a free upgrade if you include
the original diskette and $3 for P & H.
Kok-Yong Tan can be contacted via: 	| "Oscularis fundamentum!"
InterNet: kyt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu	|    	       - Annoyed Latin scholar
CompuServe: 75046,256	      	   	|
America Online: Lallang	      	   	|