[comp.sys.mac.games] New Patrick Buckland Game

lasky@iris.Berkeley.EDU (Ty Lasky) (05/08/90)

I just read in the June MacWorld that Patrick Buckland will be putting
out a new game for Casady and Greene.  This is the same guy who wrote
Crystal Quest, possibly the best Mac game, at least arcade style, ever.
Does anyone have any more information about this?  Like, what kind of
game is it, when will it be out, what machines will it run on, etc?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Ty A. Lasky

u-atgoat%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Alan T Goates) (05/08/90)

  I just got Sky Shadow in the mail from C&G (I ordered it at the MacWorld
expo, but it was still beta then). It is a Defender-like arcade shoot-'em up,
but is quite playable and challenging. I have an SE/30 with a color monitor,
and it works (in color) just fine, even with 32-bit QuickDraw. Great Game.
  In the package that they sent me, there was a flier for another game called
Mission Starlight. I haven't seen it yet, but from all indications, it should
be worth looking into.

  AL

taylor@limbo.Intuitive.Com (Dave Taylor) (05/09/90)

Alan T Goates writes:

> In the package that they sent me, there was a flier for another game called
> Mission Starlight. I haven't seen it yet, but from all indications, it should
> be worth looking into.

I talked to the people from Cassady & Greene while at MacWorld about the
new games they've in the queue, and the reason that Mission Starlight
wasn't released at the show was because one of their programmers is
reputed to have tried the game and said "gee, this is sure an awful lot
like ...".  They are probably trying to ascertain if they're stepping on
the toes of any of the other space exploration games, like Space Quest
or Starflight...

Speaking of weird games, did anyone see the "evolution" game from
Inline Design -- the makers of the nifty hypercard game Bomber?  It
was only a beta copy they had there, but was interesting in a weird
sort of way...kind of like a cross between Boxxle/Sokoban and some
type of "three of these make one of these.  Two of those make one of
these.  Four of these make one of these..." combining game.

						-- Dave Taylor
Intuitive Systems
Mountain View, California

taylor@limbo.intuitive.com    or   {uunet!}{decwrl,apple}!limbo!taylor