[comp.sys.mac.games] Simcity Supreme

pl10sbz@sdcc19.ucsd.edu (Jason A. Snell) (06/02/90)

Big question (true or false):

SimCity Supreme is NOT copy protected.

Does anyone know this to be true? I'm curious-- is it actually able
to be transferred onto my harddrive instead of being stuck on a 3.5
disk? This would be a NICE feature.

Also: does it have "book" protection? (A *MAJOR* pain....)

just curious...

thornley@cs.umn.edu (David H. Thornley) (06/03/90)

The copy of Sim City (color) installed on my IIcx has no copy protection.
(I *think* this is the Supreme version, I sent in a coupon from the
b&w version to get it.)

DHT

russ@convex.COM (Russell Donnan) (06/04/90)

In article <11155@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> pl10sbz@sdcc19.ucsd.edu (Jason A. Snell) writes:
>Big question (true or false):
>
>SimCity Supreme is NOT copy protected.

True.  SimCity Supreme is not copy protected.

>Does anyone know this to be true? I'm curious-- is it actually able
>to be transferred onto my harddrive instead of being stuck on a 3.5
>disk? This would be a NICE feature.
>
>Also: does it have "book" protection? (A *MAJOR* pain....)

Nope.  No protection whatsoever.  I do have a mild complaint, though.
About half the time I forget and start it up in 256 color mode.  It
prompty yells at me to set it to 16 colors and exits.  This just
constitutes a -minor- pain.  ;-)  Not too bad for a *GREAT* game
with vivid volors, but I would like a fix sometime in the future.

>just curious...
Hope this helps...

-Russ
--
Russ Donnan, (214) 497-4778, russ@convex.com
Convex Computer Corporation, 3000 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX

Kevin.Hill@f555.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Kevin Hill) (06/08/90)

  What do you mean supreme version??
 I purchased SimCity a while ago and I just read the post about a Supreme
version, is this true?

--
Kevin Hill - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
    UUCP: ...!sun!hoptoad!fidogate!161!555!Kevin.Hill

mldemsey@cs.arizona.edu (Matthew L. Demsey) (06/10/90)

   SimCity Supreme is just the version of SimCity which works on
the Mac II's with 8-bit color video.  It also includes a terrain
editor...  Its not extra special, or anything of the type.

Loki  (mldemsey@caslon.cs.arizona.edu)

russ@convex.COM (Russell Donnan) (06/12/90)

In article <320@caslon.cs.arizona.edu> mldemsey@cs.arizona.edu (Matthew L. Demsey) writes:

>   SimCity Supreme is just the version of SimCity which works on
>the Mac II's with 8-bit color video.  It also includes a terrain
>editor...  Its not extra special, or anything of the type.

Actually it works with 4-bit video.  I happen to like SimCity a lot,
but it does have one annoying feature.  On an 8-bit system, it starts up
and tells you to put the machine in 16 color mode, and then exits.  It
certainly can't be for speed reasons.  The graphics are *SLOW*.  Since
none of the rest of my software makes this requirement, I tend to forget.
Even Falcon and Arkanoid work, they just become too slow to do any real
gaming.  Maybe 1.1d will fix this???  (hint)