[comp.sys.mac.games] various game comments

st355a13@umbc2.umbc.edu (STAT 355/0101) (06/11/90)

Mobius II is called Windwalker, not Airwalker... I've played it on the PC
(:-(  ) and it's much better than the original.

I missed the wish list for ports, but has anyone wished for Wings of Fury?
This totally addicting, utterly frustrating game by Broderbund was one of the
best creations ever for the Apple // line of computers.

For sale- unopened copy of the SimCity Terrain editor.  Make a reasonable
offer.

Small flame- Anyone notice that Welltris is nice and color, EXCEPT on the //ci
and //FX?  What gives?  Must those of us with 32-bit QD be forced to suffer
the same as Mac + owners?  At least (one small point in their favor) they
mention this on the OUTSIDE of the box... :-)
[RICH]

russ@convex.COM (Russell Donnan) (06/12/90)

In article <3421@umbc3.UMBC.EDU> st355a13@umbc2.umbc.edu writes:

>Small flame- Anyone notice that Welltris is nice and color, EXCEPT on the //ci
>and //FX?  What gives?  Must those of us with 32-bit QD be forced to suffer
>the same as Mac + owners?  At least (one small point in their favor) they
>mention this on the OUTSIDE of the box... :-)

I pointed this out a while ago (and got flamed for it!) but the real
problem, according to SH is the OS, not the hardware.  The color version
is not compatible with 6.0.5.  (Required for IIfx, highly recommended for
IIci)  Knowing what I do about SH's ideas about video cards, there may
also be some incompatibilities there.  I was told that the incompatibility
between my Apple video card and Falcon will never be fixed.  Beware!
--
Russ Donnan, (214) 497-4778, russ@convex.com
Convex Computer Corporation, 3000 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX