[comp.sys.mac.games] NEED UNINVITED HELP

dunn@jtids.UUCP (Gary Dunn ) (06/05/90)

Well another week has gone by and I've made no progress in the game.
I'm at the point in the maze where I'm faced with a bouncing creature
guarding a gem. I know I need to get the gem But I can't figure out
how to kill the bouncing creature. Can someone please post the answer
to this question?  Any other hints/spoilers would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

                                            Gary

dunn@jtids.UUCP (Gary Dunn ) (06/07/90)

I'm still looking for the answer to how I get rid of the
bouncing creature in the maze so that I can get the gem it's
guarding. Other hints or spoilers would be greatly appreciated.

                                              Gary

pho@dilow.esd.sgi.com (Paul Ho) (06/07/90)

Hi Gary!

	Why do you want to kill the nice bouncing ball?  :)  Try giving him
something; something that you got in the previous room; something that flies.

Paul

greg@yang.cpac.washington.edu (Greg Vernon) (06/09/90)

How do you find the bouncing creature??  I keep getting whomped by the
zombies.

What's the greenhouse for?

Cheers!
Greg

dunn@jtids.UUCP (Gary Dunn ) (06/11/90)

From article <GREG.90Jun8220046@yang.cpac.washington.edu>, by greg@yang.cpac.washington.edu (Greg Vernon):
> How do you find the bouncing creature??  I keep getting whomped by the
> zombies.

There is a place in the maze where there is a cross on the wall. The right
offering here will gain you access to a secret entrance to the center of
the maze. Once you enter this secret entrance you will no doubt meet up with
the bouncing creature.

***** MINOR SPOILER *******

The right offering is something that would be appropriate for a funeral,
perhaps one of the objects from the dining room?

> What's the greenhouse for?

In the greenhouse you will find some plants. Watering one of the plants
will grow a poisonous fruit. I haven't figured out how to use this yet
but I suspect you're supposed to get the little guy running around with
the key to eat it, (hint; he's always hungry).

f88ho@efd.lth.se (Hans Olsson) (06/12/90)

In article <561@jtids.UUCP> dunn@jtids.UUCP (Gary Dunn ) writes:
>From article <GREG.90Jun8220046@yang.cpac.washington.edu>, by greg@yang.cpac.washington.edu (Greg Vernon):
>> How do you find the bouncing creature??  I keep getting whomped by the
>> zombies.
Spoilers all over the reply

Do you really remember what the undead (=zombies and so on) fear?
If not, start the game from the beginning and you'll understand.
This way you can handle one zombie at a time.

>[A spoiler deleted]
>> What's the greenhouse for?
>

>In the greenhouse you will find some plants. Watering one of the plants
>will grow a poisonous fruit. I haven't figured out how to use this yet
>but I suspect you're supposed to get the little guy running around with
>the key to eat it, (hint; he's always hungry).

Yes, he's hungry, but why poison him?
You'll soon find something tasty for him!
If you want it to be sooner, read on

As you get the key from the bouncing create, you'll be able to enter
the house left of the greenhouse (sorry can't remember anything)
and encounter another guardian, which really eats everything.
>> Cheers!
>> Greg

Hope you'll soon finish this Gary

--
----------
Hans Olsson   Email: f88ho@efd.lth.se

jackiw@cs.swarthmore.edu (Nick Jackiw) (06/14/90)

Liberal spoilers may follow.

f88ho@efd.lth.se (Hans Olsson) writes:
> Somebody writes:
> >I haven't figured out how to use this yet
> >but I suspect you're supposed to get the little guy running around with
> >the key to eat it, (hint; he's always hungry).
>
> Yes, he's hungry, but why poison him?
> You'll soon find something tasty for him!
> If you want it to be sooner, read on
Where?

> As you get the key from the bouncing create, you'll be able to enter
> the house left of the greenhouse (sorry can't remember anything)
> and encounter another guardian, which really eats everything.
>
> Hope you'll soon finish this Gary
>

> Hans Olsson   Email: f88ho@efd.lth.se

With the kiddy creature (the hyped-up one with the key), I've tried
feeding it the salami, the fruit---even tried baking it a birthday cake!
No success whatsoever...either I need to find some better food, or my
feeding technique is all wrong.  Can someone help?  A spoiler would
really not spoil my day at all...

Some hints, not spoilers, would be appreciated on these matters, too:

- What's up with the tower and the eternal life sentence?
- What's up with the bear?
- What do I need to do with the spider, once caught?  With the *other* spider?

And lastly,

- The chair by the veranda seems to have some special properties. Is this
the chair referred to in the book upstairs?

Thanks!  I'll uninvite you by for a few beers anyday!

-Nick

--
---
jackiw@cs.swarthmore.edu  |  Smoggo: Can you prevent the detonation of

f88ho@efd.lth.se (Hans Olsson) (06/14/90)

In article <6C0K8NL@xavier.swarthmore.edu> jackiw@cs.swarthmore.edu (Nick Jackiw) writes:
>Liberal spoilers may follow.
>With the kiddy creature (the hyped-up one with the key), I've tried
>feeding it the salami, the fruit---even tried baking it a birthday cake!
>No success whatsoever...either I need to find some better food, or my
>feeding technique is all wrong.  Can someone help?  A spoiler would
>really not spoil my day at all...

You're too early, you haven't entered the lab yet, but read on.

>Some hints, not spoilers, would be appreciated on these matters, too:
>
>- What's up with the tower and the eternal life sentence?

Don't enter it, the same goes for the other spiders cave.
>- What's up with the bear?
>- What do I need to do with the spider, once caught?  With the *other* spider?

You don't have to do it but you can show the spider to the ghost near
the kitchen. It might help a little.

>And lastly,
>
>- The chair by the veranda seems to have some special properties. Is this
>the chair referred to in the book upstairs?

Nope, try to go back to the first room you entered and sit down.
Without this key, you can't do anything.

--
----------
Hans Olsson   Email: f88ho@efd.lth.se
              Snail: K[MN[RSV[GEN 8:118
                     222 45 Lund Sweden

jackiw@cs.swarthmore.edu (Nick Jackiw) (06/15/90)

Thanks to all who followed up.  I've put in about three more hours of play,
and feel very close to something, but am once again up against a stumper.
More help for helpless, if anyone is kind enough...

Spoilers!

I seem to be in a double-key bind.  There are two keys that I know exist,
but don't know how to locate.  I can't tell which to go after first, and
which depends on already having succesfully gotten the other.

The first is kiddy key.  I am told to feed him stuff from inside the safe,
but I can't open it.  Do I need to melt the ice first?  According to the
kitchen ghost, Dracan's star will melt the ice, but that is sealed in
the master's air-tight box.  The safe, too, is airtight.  Hmmm...

The second is a key made of Mercury, Silver, and Gold.   For mercury, I am
using the heavy fluid found in the master's cabinet. For silver, I'm using
the silver spitoon from the hall closet.  For gold, I am drawn for some
reason to Dracan's bathroom.  For one, all the fixtures are gold, and can
be manipulated (unlike the fixtures in the Master's bathroom).  Moreover,
the goldfish tank seems to be filled with "specks of gold."

Unfortunately, nothing seems to operate on the goldfish tank, except for
objects of destruction, and nothing seems to operate on it once destroyed.
Moreover, while I can put the mercury in its bottle into the silver bowl,
I can't "pour" it into the bowl. Operate,Open Bottle,Bowl just gives me the
"you spill it all over the bowl" message.

One key for the room off the study... what lies there?  More ghoulish horror
I hope.

Thanks for any help!

--
---