[comp.sys.mac.games] Driving Games

Kevin.Hill@f555.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Kevin Hill) (06/22/90)

  I play TD II on a mac Plus with 4meg and a 20meg hard drive.  Not to slow for me.  I have also played it on a Mac Se/30 and saw no speed diference.  I think that the program automatically slows itself to the correct speed so that you don't go flying through parts too fast.  Obviously, on the mac Plus, it probably doesn't need to slow itself!

--
Kevin Hill - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
    UUCP: ...!sun!hoptoad!fidogate!161!555!Kevin.Hill

helen@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Helen Rapozo) (07/01/90)

In article <20341@duke.cs.duke.edu> cjs@physics.phy.duke.edu (Carl Schnurr) writes:
>I've seen reviews of Test Drive II and it sounds pretty good.
>Before I spend my money, however, I was wondering if anyone
>out there has played it on an SE - I'm a little concerned that
>it might run too slow to be enjoyable.  Also, are there other
>driving simulators that are better than Test Drive II?
>Thanks in advance...
I have a Mac SE and seems okay.  The only problem I have noticed is that
if I press a lot of the keypad keys too fast I get back to the game
menu.  This has happened to me a couple of times when using the
California Driving.

--
US Mail Address: 874 Dillingham Blvd., Honolulu, HI 96817, Ph# (808) 845-9202
Internet: cs_rapozo@hccadb.hcc.hawaii.edu <-- Pudly MicroVAX II, but it's home!