[comp.sys.mac.games] Zork2 Hint/Spoiler Request

szep@gallifrey.bu.edu (Joe Szep) (07/06/90)

I would appreciate some hints/spoilers to the game Zork2.
I have searched out all that the cave I seem to be able to
yet I am woefully stuck.

Here are a couple off questions I have:

How does one get the key from the unicorn?
How does one get past the menhir?
How does one melt the ice?
How does one raise the bucket?
 Any and all help is appreciated.  You can E-mail
me if you don't want to broadcast to the net.
My sanity and I thank you.
Joe Szep    szep@gallifrey.bu.edu  "Fool! - You'll never get past first
				    base at this rate" - Wizard of Frobozz
				   "I'll say..." - Joe Szep

forbes@sp11.csrd.uiuc.edu (Michael Scott Forbes) (07/07/90)

In article <60048@bu.edu.bu.edu> szep@gallifrey.bu.edu (Joe Szep) writes:
>I would appreciate some hints/spoilers to the game Zork2.
>I have searched out all that the cave I seem to be able to
>yet I am woefully stuck.
>
>Here are a couple off questions I have:
>
>How does one get the key from the unicorn?
>How does one get past the menhir?
>How does one melt the ice?
>How does one raise the bucket?

SPOILERS FOLLOW!

>How does one melt the ice?

Have you ever attacked the dragon, or done anything else to get its attention?
What the dragon does next is the key to removing the ice.

I'm afraid it has been so long since I played Zork 2 (how long, you ask? I was
playing it on a TRS-80 Model III) that I don't fully remember the "bucket"
problem.  But you will be unable to solve the other two puzzles until after
you melt the ice, so that ought to be a good start.

E-mail me if you need any more help.  Zork 2 is an excellent game, IMHO the
best of the original Zork series.  Good luck!

Scott Forbes			University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
forbes@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu	Center for Supercomputing Research & Development
CLAIMER:  I am responsible for the University's actions, and vice versa