[comp.sys.mac.games] SimCity 1.2

rwanner@bcarh415.bnr.ca (Rick Wanner) (07/05/90)

I just received my black & white version of SimCity.  I can see I
am going to miss some sleep because of it.  The only thing I don't
like about it is the silly lookup protections scheme they use to
make sure you are not a pirate.  Does anyone have a patch for
SimCity 1.2 that will disable the lookup?

Richard Wanner    UUCP ..!uunet!bnrgate!bcarh415!rwanner
(613) 763-4159    BNR claims no responsibility for my opinions.  As a matter of
                  a fact I don't think they know I have opinions.

kenney@hsi.UUCP (Bicycle Repair Man) (07/09/90)

In article <3224@bnr-rsc.UUCP> rwanner@bcarh415.bnr.ca (Rick Wanner) writes:

  >I just received my black & white version of SimCity.  I can see I
  >am going to miss some sleep because of it.  The only thing I don't
  >like about it is the silly lookup protections scheme they use to
  >make sure you are not a pirate.  Does anyone have a patch for
  >SimCity 1.2 that will disable the lookup?

I also just got the game and _hate_ that lookup scheme already!
Please send me the patch, too.  Thanks in advance...

--
Brian Kenney               kenney@hsi.com            ...!uunet!hsi!kenney
"Puritanism is the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy"

steve@uswmrg2.UUCP (Steve Martin) (07/10/90)

In article <1774@hsi86.hsi.UUCP> kenney@hsi.com (Brian Kenney) writes:
>In article <3224@bnr-rsc.UUCP> rwanner@bcarh415.bnr.ca (Rick Wanner) writes:
>
>  >I just received my black & white version of SimCity.  I can see I
>  >am going to miss some sleep because of it.  The only thing I don't
>  >like about it is the silly lookup protections scheme they use to
>  >make sure you are not a pirate.  Does anyone have a patch for
>  >SimCity 1.2 that will disable the lookup?
>
>I also just got the game and _hate_ that lookup scheme already!
>Please send me the patch, too.  Thanks in advance...

I too am interested in this patch, but as I have never received information
from earlier posts I am beginning to believe that it is not available.
Does anyone know how to patch SimCity 1.2 to avoid the startup check?
--
Steve Martin                         | Nothing I say can be held against
U S West Marketing Resources Group   | Me or my employer!