[comp.sys.mac.games] Flight Simulators on SE30

a_dent@vaxa.cc.uwa.oz.au (07/08/90)

Are there any flight simulator games that work on the SE/30?

I know that Falcon 2.0 sort of works but it flickers to the point of being
unuseable.

BTW what ARE the current versions of Falcon and Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Andy Dent                     A.D. Software phone 09 249 2719
Mac & VAX programmer          94 Bermuda Dve, Ballajura
a_dent@vaxa.uwa.oz            Western Australia  6066

michaelp@aludra.usc.edu (Michael Peterson) (07/09/90)

In article <1990Jul8.165041.1942@vaxa.cc.uwa.oz.au> a_dent@vaxa.cc.uwa.oz.au writes:
>Are there any flight simulator games that work on the SE/30?
>
>I know that Falcon 2.0 sort of works but it flickers to the point of being
>unuseable.
>
>BTW what ARE the current versions of Falcon and Microsoft Flight Simulator?

The current version of Falcon (v2.1 I think) works fine on the SE/30 with no
flicker or anything.  If you bought Falcon 2.0 you can get the new version from
the company that makes it for just a few dollars.

						Michael L. Peterson
						michaelp@aludra

MM93ECOF@MIAMIU.BITNET (07/09/90)

I recently got the latest version of Falcon from Spectrum Hologbyte for
$3 by sending in Disk 2.  The latest version works fine on my SE/30.

Mark McBride
Dept. of Economics
Miami University (Ohio)
mm93ecof.miamiu  (bitnet)

benser@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Earl Benser) (07/13/90)

My understanding is that Falcon is at rev. 2.1 and Microsoft Flight
Simulator is at rev 1.02. The Falcon 2.1 appears to run fine on the 68030
machines while MS Flight Simulator operates only on 68000 machines.

Any news about new flight simulators which operate in color on MacII or
better machines? I prefer those which simulate commercial/business flying
as opposed to combat but like both. Rumors had MS/Sublogic producing a
series of advanced simulators incluing one simulating Boeing airframes
(some of which have been released in the IBM world).