[comp.sys.mac.games] Sky Shadow - love it and hate it!-FOLLOWUP

18215MES@MSU.BITNET (07/15/90)

I have noticed since my last posting that the IIci problems with
Sky Shadow are almost surely due to multifinder!

I have had no troubles since playing the game under finder...

Up to Level 2 and 5,000,000 now!

Yeow! Frustrating, but fun - and FAST!

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (07/17/90)

18215MES@MSU.BITNET writes:

>I have noticed since my last posting that the IIci problems with
>Sky Shadow are almost surely due to multifinder!
>I have had no troubles since playing the game under finder...
>Up to Level 2 and 5,000,000 now!
>Yeow! Frustrating, but fun - and FAST!

I don't think it's just MF.  I use FreshStart to run it under Finder with
only my Gatekeeper init and Fortune.  Once in a while it freezes on me.
This is a plain II.

I'm up to 82M and level 3.  At that level, you HAVE to be running with
invulnerability, the main challenges are 1) to grab the invulnerability
icons that go by and 2) to fight off the boredom so you don't crash into
a mountain my inattention.  That's right, the game is SO challenging at
the highest levels that they had to throw in invulnerability to make it
playable.  It winds up being very busy, but basically boring.
--
Kevin O'Gorman ( kevin@kosman.UUCP, kevin%kosman.uucp@nrc.com )
voice: 805-984-8042 Vital Computer Systems, 5115 Beachcomber, Oxnard, CA  93035