[comp.sys.mac.games] Joust, anyone?

gchow@ipsa.reuter.com (george chow) (07/23/90)

I love the game Joust and seem to recall awhile back mention of a version
of it for the Mac. Is this true? Any info on this would be greatly
appreciated.

monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Patrick WONG) (07/24/90)

In article <1990Jul23.142821.9841@ipsa.reuter.com> gchow@itcyyz.UUCP (george chow) writes:
>I love the game Joust and seem to recall awhile back mention of a version
>of it for the Mac. Is this true? Any info on this would be greatly
>appreciated.

There is a fairly good shareware version of joust called Glypha (v2.0).
You probably can get it from most BBSs.  I believe I can get a hold of it
if you want it.

--
patrick wong                   | McGill University
monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca   | School of Computer Science

jmeyer@uniol.UUCP (Jochen Meyer) (07/24/90)

gchow@ipsa.reuter.com (george chow) writes:

>I love the game Joust and seem to recall awhile back mention of a version
>of it for the Mac. Is this true? Any info on this would be greatly
>appreciated.

It is true, there is a version of Joust available for the Mac. I`m not quite
sure about its proper name, but I _am_ sure, You can find it in
info_mac/games.
It really is not too bad :-)
Jochen Meyer
Tel. 0441 / 81994 (voice)
inHouse: faustus@aragorn
email: jmeyer@uniol.uucp
bitnet: 527065@doluni1.bitnet

ylsul@athena.mit.edu (Young Sul) (07/24/90)

In article <1990Jul23.142821.9841@ipsa.reuter.com> gchow@itcyyz.UUCP (george chow) writes:
>I love the game Joust and seem to recall awhile back mention of a version
>of it for the Mac. Is this true? Any info on this would be greatly
>appreciated.

Try a game called "Glypa"! Its just like Joust, but with an Egyptian flavour..
You can find it on most bboards (I believe).

					:-)

chris@momenta (Chris Christensen) (07/24/90)

gchow@ipsa.reuter.com (george chow) writes:

>I love the game Joust and seem to recall awhile back mention of a version
>of it for the Mac. Is this true? Any info on this would be greatly
>appreciated.

I would recomend the shareware game Glypha. It plays just like Joust, but
has an Egyptian motif (hyroglyphics on the walls, sphinx instead of
vultures). It is a great game, certainly one of the best Shareware games
I have seen.

Chris Christensen

chan@andante.UUCP (Thomas Chan) (07/25/90)

In article <3153@uniol.UUCP> jmeyer@uniol.UUCP (Jochen Meyer) writes:
>gchow@ipsa.reuter.com (george chow) writes:
>
>>I love the game Joust and seem to recall awhile back mention of a version
>>of it for the Mac. Is this true? Any info on this would be greatly
>>appreciated.
>
>It is true, there is a version of Joust available for the Mac. I`m not quite
>sure about its proper name, but I _am_ sure, You can find it in
>info_mac/games.
>It really is not too bad :-)
>--
>Jochen Meyer
>Tel. 0441 / 81994 (voice)
>inHouse: faustus@aragorn
>email: jmeyer@uniol.uucp
>bitnet: 527065@doluni1.bitnet

It's called GLYPHIA and it is shareware

gelinasm@merrimack.edu (07/25/90)

In article <1990Jul23.142821.9841@ipsa.reuter.com>, gchow@ipsa.reuter.com (george chow) writes:
> I love the game Joust and seem to recall awhile back mention of a version
> of it for the Mac. Is this true? Any info on this would be greatly
> appreciated.

	I just found an excellent rendition of this game in the Rice archives.
It is called Glypha.  It has an $8 shareware fee (well worth it I feel).

	If you can't access Rice, let me know and I will mail it to you.

--
- - - - - - - - - + - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mark Gelinas      |

monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Patrick WONG) (07/25/90)

Eric,

I tried to e-mail you the hqx file but it was returned to me with a message
saying the service was unavailable.  I used this address:
	agc@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

In any case, I just got off sumex.  You can ftp it from info-mac/game

--

a427@mindlink.UUCP (Ian Upright) (07/26/90)

>>I love the game Joust and seem to recall awhile back mention of a version
>of it for the Mac. Is this true? Any info on this would be greatly
>appreciated.

It is true, there is a version of Joust available for the Mac. I`m not quite
sure about its proper name, but I _am_ sure, You can find it in
info_mac/games.
It really is not too bad :-)

I've seen it and the name of it starts with a G (Glyph, Gliph, something like
that. Fairly decent game and good graphics.
Ian Upright