[comp.sys.mac.games] Joust revisited

gchow@ipsa.reuter.com (george chow) (07/25/90)

Thanks to everyone who has sent me the answer to my question. The question
asked was for the existence of a version of Joust for the Mac. The answer is
a very big Yes; it's called Glypha and is at version 2.0. Thanks to everyone
who replied. My mailbox is now filling up rapidly so I don't need any more
answers. And thanks again.

A second question I have: is there a version of Qix or Tempest for the Mac?
I've seen Qix for Amiga and PC but not for the Mac. I haven't seen Tempest
for any machine.

PS: A curious observation. I seem to get much more response on c.s.m.games
than any other newsgroup. Wonder why... ;)

George Chow

gelinasm@merrimack.edu (07/26/90)

In article <1990Jul24.184048.15905@ipsa.reuter.com>, gchow@ipsa.reuter.com
(george chow) writes:
> A second question I have: is there a version of Qix or Tempest for the Mac?
> I've seen Qix for Amiga and PC but not for the Mac. I haven't seen Tempest
> for any machine.

	I recall a program called SQIX that was a fair imitation of QIX.
It's been a while, so I don't recall its 'ware' status.  It was small,
keyboard configurable, and only gave one life.   I can probably get you
a copy from our school archives if other sources are unavailable.

--
- - - - - - - - - + - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mark Gelinas      |

lowersbp@ingr.com (Ben P Lowers) (07/26/90)

In article <1990Jul24.184048.15905@ipsa.reuter.com>, gchow@ipsa.reuter.com (george chow) writes:
> ...is there a version of Qix or Tempest for the Mac?
> I've seen Qix for Amiga and PC but not for the Mac. I haven't seen Tempest
> for any machine.
>
> PS: A curious observation. I seem to get much more response on c.s.m.games
> than any other newsgroup. Wonder why... ;)
>
> George Chow

The closest that I've seen to Tempest (my ALL TIME favorite) is an old game
on the Mac called Grid Wars.  It's not supported anymore - I think it was
Accolade or someone like that who published it, and MOST of all, it worked
on my Macintosh Plus last year, but no such luck on my SE/30 this year.
I figure "thumbs down" on all non-68000 machines.  I've still got my copy of
it - would you like it for $10?

Kinda similar to Qix is Iggy Iggopolis - available on most BBSs.  It's not
even real close, but it's a good game and in the same "class" as Qix

---
Ben Lowers

lowersbp@ingr.com  INTERNET
..!uunet!ingr!big!ben  UUCP