[comp.sys.mac.games] Role Playing Game Recommendations?

pachinn@oregon.uoregon.edu (07/27/90)

  I have the hankerin' to get a good role playing game for my mac.  When I was
younger, I spent about 3 months of my life playing Wizardry on the Apple II,
and the bug has struck me again.  Does anyone have some recommendations or
suggestions?
  I've played Dungeon of Doom, Moria (a text-based graphics game), and Citadel.
Citadel seems okay, but there's some things I find really annoying.
  E-mail me directly or post (I'm sure some other people might have the same
question.  If I get enough responses, I'll summarize.
  Thanks in advance!
  PS-I'm using a Mac Plus with a hard disk, but I will eventually have a Mac II
something or other.

      Patrick Chinn, University of Oregon
       Internet:  PACHINN@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
       USMail: 1661 Ferry St. #4
               Eugene, OR  97401

ylsul@athena.mit.edu (Young Sul) (07/28/90)

In article <19952.26af1b59@oregon.uoregon.edu> pachinn@oregon.uoregon.edu writes:

>  I have the hankerin' to get a good role playing game for my mac.  When I was
>younger, I spent about 3 months of my life playing Wizardry on the Apple II,
>and the bug has struck me again.  Does anyone have some recommendations or
>suggestions?
>  I've played Dungeon of Doom, Moria (a text-based graphics game), and Citadel.
>Citadel seems okay, but there's some things I find really annoying.
>  E-mail me directly or post (I'm sure some other people might have the same
>question.  If I get enough responses, I'll summarize.
>  Thanks in advance!
>  PS-I'm using a Mac Plus with a hard disk, but I will eventually have a Mac II
>something or other.
>
>      Patrick Chinn, University of Oregon
>       Internet:  PACHINN@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
>       USMail: 1661 Ferry St. #4
>               Eugene, OR  97401

I recommend:

Colony -- a good graphics/arcade-ish oriented RPG (Sci-fi)

Space Rogue -- a "spaceflight simulator" oriented RPG.

Ultima -- (Anybody how many Ultimas are out for the mac?)
	  An ADDICTIVE fantasy RPG.

Theldrow -- A Wizardry-like RPG that I got for free via anonymous FTP
	    from Stanford.

Autoduel -- An almost RPG, set in Steve Jackson's Car Wars milieu.
	    So-so graphics (it was made for the 512k Mac).

Sierra Games -- like King's Quest (I, II, III, etc), Space Quest (I, II,,,),
		Manhunter New York (or San Francisco), Police Quest, ad nauseum
		are usually pretty good, but since (I believe) they were
		ported from the PC, the graphics don't take advantage of
		Mac capabilities (the sound also)..

If any of y'all have any input about these games (since I haven't really
completed any of them), I'd love comments etc...