[comp.sys.mac.games] ARTHUR AND THE QUEST FOR THE SWORD

jckst5@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Joshua C Kreithen) (07/28/90)

Dear comp.sys.mac.games,

	Recently a friend has given me a copy of ARTHUR by Infocom.
Unfortunatly, I do not have the documentation that comes with the
game.  I am at a point where I need the Poem which Lot recites a
line from to enter the castle.  If anyone has this poem I would
appreciate it grately if you could post it to me.

				Thanks in advance,

					Josh Kreithen

ted@cs.utexas.edu (Ted Woodward) (07/31/90)

In article <26285@unix.cis.pitt.edu> jckst5@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Joshua C Kreithen) writes:
>Dear comp.sys.mac.games,
>
>	Recently a friend has given me a copy of ARTHUR by Infocom.
>Unfortunatly, I do not have the documentation that comes with the
>game.  I am at a point where I need the Poem which Lot recites a
>line from to enter the castle.  If anyone has this poem I would
>appreciate it grately if you could post it to me.
>
>				Thanks in advance,
>
>					Josh Kreithen

This is software piracy, you dolt, and is VERY illegal.  And is also a very
touchy subject around here.  Do not involve us in your copyright violations.
If you want the poem, BUY THE PRODUCT!

--
Ted Woodward (ted@cs.utexas.edu)

Greetings, Royal Ugly Dudes!

sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (08/01/90)

Haven't heard anything, but I would buy it if there were such a thing.
Does ICOM no longer contract with Mindscape? Mindscape's loss if that is
so.

Sanjiv Sarwate
EPOR (this reference will only be understood by people who play Shadowgate)

michel@etl.go.jp (Michel Pasquier) (08/01/90)

In article <1054300010@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>Haven't heard anything, but I would buy it if there were such a thing.
>
>Sanjiv Sarwate

I know only this reference:	"Arthur: Quest for Excalibur" (Infocom)

It might be the game you're looking for. Related to the Arthurian legend is
also: "Grailquest" [ArtWorx]. I have never seen any of these, though I may
buy them one of these days (but some comments from players would be nice -
anybody there? anybody?).
I would be very interested also in any other references about such games
(related to Arthur and the like), preferably for Mac or AppleII, but any
computers are ok too. Thanks.

-Michel.

  Michel Pasquier ........................ AIST/MITI Guest Researcher
  ElectroTechnical Laboratory . Intelligent Machine Behaviour Section
  E-mail:  michel@etl.go.jp   .  Tel: 298-58-5964 .  Fax: 298-55-1729

dwright@sif.claremont.edu (Dan "(" Wright)) (08/01/90)

In article <45666@etlcom.etl.go.jp>, michel@etl.go.jp (Michel Pasquier) writes...
>I know only this reference:	"Arthur: Quest for Excalibur" (Infocom)
>
>It might be the game you're looking for. Related to the Arthurian legend is
>also: "Grailquest" [ArtWorx]. I have never seen any of these, though I may
>buy them one of these days (but some comments from players would be nice -
>anybody there? anybody?).
>  Michel Pasquier ........................ AIST/MITI Guest Researcher
>  ElectroTechnical Laboratory . Intelligent Machine Behaviour Section
>  E-mail:  michel@etl.go.jp   .  Tel: 298-58-5964 .  Fax: 298-55-1729

I played Arthur about a year ago (when it was released).  As for appearance--
it has sharp graphics as well as an on-screen map and "smart" hints (it won't
let you see information on puzzles you have yet to encounter).  The parser is
Infocom's latest (better make that "last" :-( ) and best;  the writing &
puzzles are first-rate.  As for Arthurian "accuracy"-- Well, they did a decent
job; the online notes explain some of their more unusual modifications to the
Arthurian legend..like rearranging the geography, and merging the myth of the
sword in the stone with that of Excalibur & the Lady of the Lake (in a rather
odd way, I might add).  Still, it was a good game.

Dan Wright          DWRIGHT@SIF	         Macintosh Systems Manager
Internet: dwright@hmcvax.claremont.edu
Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA       Consider it disclaimed!