[comp.sys.mac.games] Infocom parsers

adam@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Adam Glass) (08/01/90)

In article <8004@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> dwright@sif.claremont.edu writes:
> The parser is Infocom's latest (better make that "last" :-( ) and
> best;

I didn't test Arthur, so I don't know how its parser is, but I can
testify to the quality of Shogun's parser.  It was the first parser
that you could ask questions ("Is Mariko with the Samurai?", "Is the
galley on the ocean?", etc.)  Of course, they never *would* listen to
my complaints that the parser's answers were often wrong ("The Erasmus
is not in the storm"), but, hey... when you're getting ripped apart by
your parent company, when you need to get this thing out of testing
and into production in a hurry, and when half of your testing
department is going back to school in the fall, you don't listen to
testers' petty complaints.  :)

> Excalibur & the Lady of the Lake

Which, of course, is not the basis for a system of government.

Adam