[comp.sys.mac.games] Colony : HELP!

morten@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Morten Ronseth) (08/02/90)

Help!! I've just started playing Colony (the Mindscape game)
and I'm already stuck. The problem is the code to the airlock.
I've exited to MacsBug to see if I could find out what the code
is. But to no avail. Has anyone out there cracked it? If so, please
tell me, `cause I'd like to go outside the spaceship!
Thanks,

		Morten.
Morten Lerskau Ronseth             UUCP:   morten@qmw-cs.uucp
Dept. of Computer Science          JANET:  morten@uk.ac.qmw.cs
Queen Mary and Westfield College   ARPA:   morten%qmw.cs@ucl-cs.arpa
Mile End Road                      Easylink:  19019285
London E1 4NS                      Tlf:       071 975 5220
England.                           Dept. fax: 081 980 6533

adam@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Adam Glass) (08/03/90)

morten@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Morten Ronseth) writes:
> Help!! I've just started playing Colony (the Mindscape game) and I'm
> already stuck. The problem is the code to the airlock.  I've exited to
> MacsBug to see if I could find out what the code is. But to no avail.
> Has anyone out there cracked it?

If you bought the game, it would come with a code-wheel or some such
thing to decode the little shape codes that prevent unauthorized users
from getting very far.  From what I have seen/heard, the codes are
random anyway, so no specific code will help.

If you're so interested in Colony, buy it.  The copy-protection is there
for a reason.

Adam
--
"I'll post more when I know more." -- George William Herbert