[comp.sys.mac.games] Solarian II sounds

baumgart@esquire.dpw.com (Steve Baumgarten) (08/01/90)

Sorry for the repost, but we lost our net connection for about 2
weeks, right after I posted the original article...

Anyway, I was wondering whether anyone has been able to extract those
wonderful sound effects from Solarian II?  I seem to remember that
there was a patch or something that turned the "snd " resources in the
game into standard System or Hypercard sounds.  Has anyone done this?

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."

sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (08/01/90)

I'm convinced that some of the sounds are off of Peter Gabriel's albums, like
the sound when a supply ship is coming.

But that doesn't answer the question.

saaf@joker.optics.rochester.edu (Lennart Saaf) (08/02/90)

In article <2202@esquire.UUCP> baumgart@esquire.dpw.com (Steve Baumgarten) writes:

   Anyway, I was wondering whether anyone has been able to extract those
   wonderful sound effects from Solarian II?  I seem to remember that
   there was a patch or something that turned the "snd " resources in the
   game into standard System or Hypercard sounds.  Has anyone done this?

Uh, they ARE Hypercard snd's.  Use Resedit to move the snd resources
to a stack and name them.  This is from personal experience.
| Len Saaf, The Institute of Optics, Univ. of Rochester, Rochester, NY |
| Internet: saaf@joker.optics.rochester.edu        Bitnet: SAAF@UOROPT |

derek@leah.Albany.Edu (Derek L. / MacLover) (08/04/90)

From sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu come these immortal words:

>I'm convinced that some of the sounds are off of Peter Gabriel's albums, like
>the sound when a supply ship is coming.

	That one, at least, is from the beginning of "Biko" from PG IV.

>But that doesn't answer the question.

	And neither does this... :-)

						Derek L.
--
+ +   One Mac is worth exactly 2.317 PCs (based on current price indices)   + +
	Disclaimer:  I was asleep.	---}=-----F-e-n-c-e-r----------`