[comp.sys.mac.games] Bard's Tale Help Request

bert@snuffleupagus.csd.scarolina.edu (Bert Still) (08/06/90)

Ok, Ok, I give.  I have been working on the answer to one of the riddles
(in Kylearan's Tower) for the past week.  I can't get out of the center
area, so I can't get out of the game (short of shutting the machine off)
hence my SE/30 has been effectively locked up for a week. :-(

Anyway, does anyone know the answer to the riddle:
	``Name the one of cold, foretold, twofold:''

I have tried Odin, Thor, Magnar, Tarjan, Kylearan, and a few other
ideas even farther afield.  I suspect the answer is somewhere in the
Sewers, and I have been over the maps thereto and the maps to the
Catacombs (Mad God's Temple) to no avail.  Now, I'm desperate.  Any
suggestions are welcome!

Send your answers to ``bert@bigbird.csd.scarolina.edu''.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

Cheers,
	-->bert

--

                      __                   bert@bigbird.csd.scarolina.edu
 \----\            __/  |                  bert@vision1.ece.scarolina.edu
 \----//  \ _/-----------------___^/  \         Univ of South Carolina
      | () |:|#4|P O R S C H E | _| () |\__     Parallel Supercomputer
       \__/ ---------------------/ \__/ \-->          Initiative
             Porsche: Schonheit ist ihre eigene Belohnung.

plien@Encore.COM (Peter Lien) (08/07/90)

    Have you tried one of the guardians around Harkyn's Castle?

    Cold - made of "cold" material, not cold as steel, but something else
    Twofold - twin just around the corner of the castle
    Foretold - spoken of in bars

my guess follows:

STONE GOLEM

Hope this is right!
         -=/\=- Peter Lien

ted@cs.utexas.edu (Ted Woodward) (08/08/90)

In article <330@opusc.CS.SCAROLINA.EDU> bert@snuffleupagus.csd.scarolina.edu (Bert Still) writes:
>Ok, Ok, I give.  I have been working on the answer to one of the riddles
>(in Kylearan's Tower) for the past week.  I can't get out of the center
>area, so I can't get out of the game (short of shutting the machine off)
>hence my SE/30 has been effectively locked up for a week. :-(
>
>Anyway, does anyone know the answer to the riddle:
>	``Name the one of cold, foretold, twofold:'

There are some secret doors in the area.  Behind them (eventually) are messages.
This is the twofold mentioned above.

The two messages are:

A guardian, he must walk...the 1st part of his name means rock.

Made of earth, yet without soul, as living statue h is whole.

>I have tried Odin, Thor, Magnar, Tarjan, Kylearan, and a few other
>ideas even farther afield.  I suspect the answer is somewhere in the
>Sewers, and I have been over the maps thereto and the maps to the
>Catacombs (Mad God's Temple) to no avail.  Now, I'm desperate.  Any
>suggestions are welcome!

Well, here is the answer...

stone golem

--