[comp.sys.mac.games] Welltris on II ci

tn505981@longs.LANCE.ColoState.EDU (Todd Nathan) (08/05/90)

Somewhere in the past I have read the since the IIci and IIfx have built
in 32 quickdraw that a few unlikely wasted programs don't work.  Once
the programmers adhere and support apple's protocols and rules then the
progam will work.  So this may be the reason (interjected with opinion).
 Hope this helps.  By the way, I have ordered it and have not seen it
yet, but got it for 18 bucks.  Great follow up to the original!!!

Sincerely   Todd           All my comments are my own, not yours!

doron@TMIS01.dec.com (Doron Angel) (08/05/90)

 I have the Welltris from Spectrum Holobyte. Great game that works fine on the
MAC II. I have tried it on the MAC II ci but with no luck. Is'nt it supported?
If not, why was'nt it published? Is there a work around?

thiguchi@iwanoi.japan.sun.com (Takaaki Higuchi - Nihon Sun Product Mktg) (08/06/90)

In article <8349@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>
 tn505981@longs.LANCE.ColoState.EDU (Todd Nathan) writes:
>Somewhere in the past I have read the since the IIci and IIfx have built
>in 32 quickdraw that a few unlikely wasted programs don't work.  Once
>the programmers adhere and support apple's protocols and rules then the
>progam will work.  So this may be the reason (interjected with opinion).
I think so, too.
When I bought it in Japan, on the package a label said "for IIci, IIfx".
So I bought and went home, and found monochrome one only to work well.
And I read the label again ... I found the label said
	"for IIci, IIfx (monochrome only)"
	                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It seems it still isn't upgraded now.

---
Takaaki Higuchi (thiguchi@japan.sun.com)
Nihon Sun Microsystems K.K.

doron@tavdac.dec.com (Doron Angel) (08/06/90)

In article <8349@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, tn505981@longs.LANCE.ColoState.EDU (Todd Nathan) writes...

>Somewhere in the past I have read the since the IIci and IIfx have built
>in 32 quickdraw that a few unlikely wasted programs don't work.  Once
>the programmers adhere and support apple's protocols and rules then the
>progam will work.  So this may be the reason (interjected with opinion).
> Hope this helps.  By the way, I have ordered it and have not seen it
>yet, but got it for 18 bucks.  Great follow up to the original!!!

 Funny. Just when I got home yesterday, I found an envelope from Spectrum H.B.
with a new DISK 2 and the corrected version, suitable to work up to system
6.0.5. I have checked it on the Hebrew 6.0.4 system on MAC II ci and it was
GREAT!!! The nice thing about it, that I got the disk for FREE!!!

                                            *-Doron-*

russ@convex.COM (Russell Donnan) (08/07/90)

In article <14256@shlump.nac.dec.com> doron@tavdac.dec.com (Doron Angel) writes:
>In article <8349@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, tn505981@longs.LANCE.ColoState.EDU (Todd Nathan) writes...

For the guy with the IIci, you should be able to play Welltris if you you use
(US) System 6.0.4.  I created a special folder with just System and Finder in it
just for the purpose of running Welltris.  Works great, but the thought of
down-grading my system to use an application is pretty PeeCeeish.

> Funny. Just when I got home yesterday, I found an envelope from Spectrum H.B.
>with a new DISK 2 and the corrected version, suitable to work up to system
>6.0.5. I have checked it on the Hebrew 6.0.4 system on MAC II ci and it was
>GREAT!!! The nice thing about it, that I got the disk for FREE!!!
>
>                                            *-Doron-*

I hope mine will be there shortly.  I'm getting pretty tired of waiting
on S.H.  Anyone hear anything more about the title-bar bug in Falcon 2.2?
Is it still a "feature," or is Sphere planning on fixing it in the future?
--
Russ Donnan, (214) 497-4778, russ@convex.com
Convex Computer Corporation, 3000 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX

es2j+@andrew.cmu.edu (Edward John Sabol) (08/07/90)

> I have the Welltris from Spectrum Holobyte. Great game that works fine on the
>MAC II. I have tried it on the MAC II ci but with no luck. Is'nt it supported?
>If not, why was'nt it published? Is there a work around?

Version 1.1 was just very recently released. I believe the upgrade took care
of 6.0.5 support and 32CQD as well. This will probably fix your problem.

+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Edward J. Sabol               | Arpa:   es2j+@andrew.cmu.edu          |
| Carnegie Mellon University    | Bitnet: R746ES2J@CMCCVB               |
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| "The streets that Balboa walked were his own private ocean and Balboa |
| was drowning." - August Wilson                                        |
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------+

doron@tavdac.dec.com (Doron Angel) (08/09/90)

In article <104663@convex.convex.com>, russ@convex.COM (Russell Donnan) writes...
>For the guy with the IIci, you should be able to play Welltris if you you use
>(US) System 6.0.4.  I created a special folder with just System and Finder in it
>just for the purpose of running Welltris.  Works great, but the thought of
>down-grading my system to use an application is pretty PeeCeeish.

 Unfortunately I have to use an Hebrew version of system 6.0.4 and it's quiet
complicated to patch it or to modify it.

>I hope mine will be there shortly.  I'm getting pretty tired of waiting
>on S.H.  Anyone hear anything more about the title-bar bug in Falcon 2.2?
>Is it still a "feature," or is Sphere planning on fixing it in the future?
>--

 I have the same problem with Falcon 2.2 title-bar. It's quiet annoying. May be
version 2.3 (?) will be fix it. My MAC IIci hungs while quiting from the game
(no matter if it's under Multifinder or not). Any hint?

>Russ Donnan, (214) 497-4778, russ@convex.com
>Convex Computer Corporation, 3000 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX
>-"To capture the essence of an opinion takes but one lawyer."
+--------------------------------------*-------------------------------------+
| Name : Doron Angel                   |  DTN   : 882-3003                   |
| Org. : Digital Equipment Corporation |  Phone : 972-52-593003              |
| POB  : 2033                          |                                     |
| City : Herzliya                      |                                     |
| Zip  : 46733                         |                                     |
| State: Israel                        |                                     |
|   Keep it simple and be happy with it !              / .  . \              |