[comp.sys.mac.games] Simcity 1.1 vs 1.2

matt@MAPS.CS.CMU.EDU (Matthew Diamond) (08/09/90)

I have Simcity 1.1.  What's the difference between it and 1.2?
I believe the copy-protection is different (mine requires the
original disk to run; 1.2 makes you look things up, doesn't it?).

I didn't register my copy because it makes it easier to trade/sell
if it has the registration card.  Did the company have some kind of
upgrade for 1.2?
Matthew Diamond
matt@maps.cs.cmu.edu

kenney@hsi.UUCP (Brian Kenney) (08/09/90)

In article <1990Aug8.181642.16716@cs.cmu.edu> matt@MAPS.CS.CMU.EDU (Matthew Diamond) writes:

>I have Simcity 1.1.  What's the difference between it and 1.2?
>I believe the copy-protection is different (mine requires the
>original disk to run; 1.2 makes you look things up, doesn't it?).

Yes, 1.2 makes you look things up from a very dark sheet.  Very hard to
read unless you're in a bright room.  1.2 also supports MultiFinder.

>I didn't register my copy because it makes it easier to trade/sell
>if it has the registration card.  Did the company have some kind of
>upgrade for 1.2?

That, I don't know.  But there really is no major difference between
1.1 and 1.2, so, unless you're sick of inserting your master disk, or
you really want to use MultiFinder, there's no need to upgrade.

>Matthew Diamond
>matt@maps.cs.cmu.edu

-bri
--
Brian Kenney                                                 kenney@hsi.com
"Civilization is a limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."