[comp.sys.mac.games] PT109

jt29+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Thomas) (08/11/90)

I have some difficulty running PT109 on my SE-30.  Every time I sink a
ship, the machine crashes.  If turn my pt boat to face away from the
sinking ship, the program is o.k.  Unfortunately this makes the game
rather difficult to play.  Is there a way I can correct this or is a
newer version available?

Also, are there action games similar to PT109 that any of you might
recommend and, if so, where might I get them.  Thanks in advance for
your help.

####################
J.B. Thomas                   "Fair Enough..."---Gordon Solie
####################

jprice@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu (John Price) (08/12/90)

In article <Eakm4d600WBK81zlVO@andrew.cmu.edu>, jt29+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Thomas) writes:
>I have some difficulty running PT109 on my SE-30.  Every time I sink a
>ship, the machine crashes.

	Ah, yet another victim of the "pacifistic game" syndrome...

	PT109, for those who don't know it, was written by an eternal
war-hater.  Every game he's written, by the way, is like this.  The object
of the game is *not* to kill all the bad guys, but rather to sit down with
them, talk out your differences, and for you both to learn and grow from
the experience.  Try it again, with this in mind.

	*Real* big smiley here...  :)

  John Price                   | Internet: jprice@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu
  5-145 Knudsen Hall           | BITNET:   price@uclaph
  UCLA Dept. of Physics        | DECnet:   uclapp::jprice
  Los Angeles, CA  90024-1547  | YellNet:  213-825-2259
             Where there is no solution, there is no problem.

klf1305@che_sun1.tamu.edu (Kelly L. Fergason) (08/14/90)

In article <0093B091.D93D82E0@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu> jprice@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu (John Price) writes:
>In article <Eakm4d600WBK81zlVO@andrew.cmu.edu>, jt29+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Thomas) writes:
>>I have some difficulty running PT109 on my SE-30.  Every time I sink a
>>ship, the machine crashes.
>
>	Ah, yet another victim of the "pacifistic game" syndrome...
>
>	PT109, for those who don't know it, was written by an eternal
>war-hater.  Every game he's written, by the way, is like this.  The object
>of the game is *not* to kill all the bad guys, but rather to sit down with
>them, talk out your differences, and for you both to learn and grow from
>the experience.  Try it again, with this in mind.
>
>	*Real* big smiley here...  :)

	I am glad you put the smiley there. :-)  I wouldn't call Gordon
Walton a war-hater.  Even if he does feed stray dogs.  He did have a
sign on his house that said "This house protected by a shotgun 3 days
a week.  You guess which three."

	But back to PT.  I am here in the town where it was written, but
I am not sure who is supporting it now.  A lot of people have left for
other endeavors since PT was done.  But I will ask about your problem.

Kelly Fergason