[comp.sys.mac.games] Beyond Dark Castle

jay@hpldola.HP.COM (Jay Geertsen) (05/23/90)

>> (ESPECIALLY how to get past the brooms in the 2d scenario...

SPOILER ALERT!

> to get by the broom, just jump over it!  You have to time it right,
> but that is the easiest way.

I find it much easier to get the shield from the tower first, and then
when I am confronted with the broom, I get as close to the broom as I
can while it is sweeping towards me, and then I just invoke the shield
and let the broom sweep past me.

- Jay "Never could jump that sucker" Geertsen

system@asuvax.asu.edu (Marc Lesure) (08/16/90)

Does anyone how one can obtain a copy of the game Beyond Dark Castle?

Marc Lesure / Arizona State University / Tempe, AZ
"Between the world of men and make-believe, I can be found..."
"False faces and meaningless chases, I travel alone..."
"And where do you go when you come to the end of your dream?"

UUCP:       ...!ncar!noao!asuvax!lesure
Internet:   lesure@asuvax.eas.asu.edu

sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (08/16/90)

You could, Lord forbid, buy it.

hal@athena.mit.edu (The Kurgan) (08/16/90)

BUY IT!

Otherwise it's software piracy.

-            "Steal my car, shoot my dog, take my woman...           -
-                 but DON'T touch my lab kit."                       -
- Hal Herhold   hal@athena.mit.edu  herhold@rel.mit.edu   6-3 @ MIT  -
----------------------"ho boy..." QUANTUM LEAP------------------------

JAHAYES@MIAMIU.BITNET (08/16/90)

In article <1574@asuvax.asu.edu>, system@asuvax.asu.edu (Marc Lesure) says:

>Does anyone how one can obtain a copy of the game Beyond Dark Castle?

It's very simple. One can buy it. I have seen it advertised at a couple
of mail-order places in MacWorld; but I'm not interested in purchasing
it and so don't know what they're asking for it these days.

I assume you were looking for vendors, of course; pirating software
is illegal and you would never do something like that....not on MY
net, anyway.

Josh Hayes, Zoology Department, Miami University, Oxford OH 45056
voice: 513-529-1679      fax: 513-529-6900
jahayes@miamiu.bitnet, or jahayes@miamiu.acs.muohio.edu
And Welcome, dear friends, to the wonderful world of snails
and adventure, as we board the Golden Hind.

tn505981@longs.LANCE.ColoState.EDU (Todd Nathan) (08/17/90)

Almost any mag will have it for about 28 bucks.  Try and buy a piece of
software once in a while...  Support the great programmer that made the
Castle such a productivity hassle...

Sincerely,

A software purchaser and developer

ylsul@athena.mit.edu (Young Sul) (08/17/90)

In article <1574@asuvax.asu.edu> system@asuvax.asu.edu (Marc Lesure) writes:

>Does anyone how one can obtain a copy of the game Beyond Dark Castle?
>Marc Lesure / Arizona State University / Tempe, AZ
>UUCP:       ...!ncar!noao!asuvax!lesure
>Internet:   lesure@asuvax.eas.asu.edu

Better yet, does anybody in NetLand have any good strategies for this
game...I love the game, but whenever I play it, I get REALLLLLY pissed
off...

				Young Sul
				Project Athena