[comp.sys.mac.games] Columns 1.1

jmh@petunia.network.com (Joel Halpern) (08/24/90)

I recently downloaded the game columns 1.1 which came through
the binaries group.  It is a nice, if simple, implementation
of the column dropping game.

However,  since installing that game my machine crashes
frequently.  Once, it crashed while running the game, and
reported an ID=5 (check trap?).  Normally, the game appears to
run fine, and then the machine hangs when I run the next thing
after exiting the game.

Has anyone else seen problems like this?

Thanks,
Joel M. Halpern			jmh@nsco.network.com
Network Systems Corporation

chris@momenta (Chris Christensen) (08/26/90)

jmh@petunia.network.com (Joel Halpern) writes:

>However,  since installing that game my machine crashes
>frequently.  Once, it crashed while running the game, and
>reported an ID=5 (check trap?).  Normally, the game appears to
>run fine, and then the machine hangs when I run the next thing
>after exiting the game.

I wrote Columns and I know that my wife plays it for hours, even days
without problems. I have not seen this problem, but would be very interested
in some more information. What type of mac? What version of the operating
system? What INITs are you running?

Chris Christensen