[comp.sys.mac.games] Mission Starlight / Sky Shadow

hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) (08/28/90)

I would appreciate hearing comments about these two games from Casady &
Greene. What systems do/don't they run on? Do they support color? Any
obnoxious copy-protection? If you were a 12-year-old, which would you buy?

Herb Poppe             hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu
NCAR                      (303) 497-1296
1850 Table Mesa Dr.
Boulder, CO  80307-3000

rar@athena.mit.edu (Roger A Roach) (08/28/90)

They run on a Mac+ or greater (with color 2MB recommended).  They have
great color (16 colors on my Mac2).  Sounds are great although I don't
think as
good as Crystal Quest.

I like Sky Shadow as much as I do Crystal Quest, however I don't think
much of
Mission Starlight.  I think your 12yr old would appreciate Sky Shadow.
Neither
is copy protected.

rbrewer@reed.bitnet (Robert S. Brewer,Box129,7771551,,7754134) (08/28/90)

In article <1990Aug27.180957.25804@athena.mit.edu> rar@athena.mit.edu (Roger A Roach) writes:
>They run on a Mac+ or greater (with color 2MB recommended).  They have
>great color (16 colors on my Mac2).  Sounds are great although I don't
>think as good as Crystal Quest.
>
>I like Sky Shadow as much as I do Crystal Quest, however I don't think
>much of
>Mission Starlight.  I think your 12yr old would appreciate Sky Shadow.
>Neither is copy protected.

I have Sky Shadow, and I like it. The colors are well used, better I think
than in Crystal Quest. The sounds are good, as one would expect. I would
recommend it.

However, the game can be quite nasty. If you accidently bomb a friendly area,
you lose all the points you gained with that ship. I can't tell you how many
times I have lost millions of points because of one stray bomb.

I was unable to get to to run on a IIfx. I also was unable to get it to run on
a IIci running A/UX 2.0, but I don't know whether it was A/UX or the IIci
causing problems.
--
Robert S. Brewer                                        rbrewer@reed.bitnet or
rbrewer@reed.UUCP (tektronix!reed!rbrewer) or brewer@wri.com (uunet!wri!brewer)