[comp.sys.mac.games] Qstaff

sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (08/21/90)

I need help.  A friend gave me a copy of Quarterstaff as a gift, but failed
to include the documentation.  Can anyone mail me the words used for the
identify wand, please? Also, any other pertinent information about the game.

The game, by the way, is insanely great.

Sanjiv Sarwate
sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (08/23/90)

In article <1054300020@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

   I need help.  A friend gave me a copy of Quarterstaff as a gift, but failed
   to include the documentation.  Can anyone mail me the words used for the
   identify wand, please? Also, any other pertinent information about the game.

   The game, by the way, is insanely great.

   Sanjiv Sarwate
   sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

Why don't you write to Infocom, send them your game disk, and request
a replacement set of docs?

jas

Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu   DELPHI: JSULLIVAN	| University of Southern California

JCS108@psuvm.psu.edu (Akbar) (08/29/90)

In article <14659@venera.isi.edu>, jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) says:

>In article <1054300020@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>
>>  I need help.  A friend gave me a copy of Quarterstaff as a gift, but failed
>>  to include the documentation.  Can anyone mail me the words used for the
>>  identify wand, please? Also, any other pertinent information about the
>>  game.
>>
>>  The game, by the way, is insanely great.
>>
>>  Sanjiv Sarwate
>>  sarwate@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
>

>Why don't you write to Infocom, send them your game disk, and request
>a replacement set of docs?
>
>jas

 Or, you can do what I did and ResEdit the verbs file. Anything that wasn't
recognizable as a known word we tried and found all the necessary words.  We
printed off all the complete maps too, but I can'nt seem to find any way into
several of the rooms.  Is there someone who regards themselves as an expert
at QStaff that could help?

(I don't have the Info wand stuff with me now, so I'll get it to you later)

-Akbar
JCS108@psuvm.psu.edu *
JCS108@psuvm.bitnet  *  "Choose your friends by their character
                     *   and your socks by their color.
John C. Straffin     *   Choosing your socks by their character
226 E. Beaver Ave.   *   makes no sense.
St. College, PA      *   Choosing your friends by their color is
        16801-4904   *   unthinkable."
                     *                         -Lynn Speicher
phone: 814-867-6468  *
Disclaimer:  Disclaimers?  We don't need no steenking Disclaimers!