[comp.sys.mac.games] What's wrong with MacWarehouse?

mcneely@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Alan McNeely) (08/28/90)

In article <6232@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> ins_apw@jhunix.UUCP (Philip Wong) writes:
>game other than the mail order places like MacZone, MacConnection, and
>(if desperate) MacWarehouse.  Sorry...

Is there something I should know about MacWarehouse?  I've ordered several
things from them because all these places seemed about the same and I've
never had any problem.

Alan McNeely
mcneely@bigb.columbia.ncr.com

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Philip Wong) (08/29/90)

Actually, no real reason.  MacWarehouse is the big boy and I like underdogs.
I also dislike their advertisment schemes--they sell programs (and it looks like
they sell sex too).  Have you seen their MacWeek corporate MacWarehouse ad?
They have a corporate version of Kerry--it's actually quite amusing.  As far
as their dependability, they're as good as the others.

My personal favorite is MacZone.  The sales reps there are friendly as well as
very knowledgable.  Sometimes I call just to ask about a problem i'm having
(sorry guys :) )  They always help me out or try.
MacConnection is also very friendly, but not as knowledgable.  They usually
have to route you to their technical dept (like MacWarehouse).  I order from
them when MacZone doesn't have the item I want in stock.
MacZone could do well with increasing the things they have in stock.  I would
deal a lot more with them if they were able to keep the kind of inventory
(and availiable products from the different manufacturers) that MacConnection
and MacWarehouse does.

I hope this clears everything up...

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU  <--use this address, not the UUCP one