[comp.sys.mac.games] need hints for Citadel

nicolas@cnam.UUCP (Nicolas Berloquin) (08/15/90)

we need some hints for citadel...
first, what does Transe do?
can a level 1 shaman be unable to "find" some spells? We tried all the possible combinations but only a little of them worked.  Will we find more when he is level 2 or higher?
How can a party rescue a dead member from the dungeon? do they have to be strong enough to carry him?
Are ropes available anywhere in the maze?
how can one go to level 5 be reached without jumping from level 4?
What is the answer to the skull question: when did I get here?
We found at the beginning a kind of elevator, but we're unable to find it again, is it hidden?
how can one find keys?

Please don't answer to questions that would take too long to find out, or that "solve" the game...

                                Nico...

jeremy@milton.u.washington.edu (Jeremy York) (08/31/90)

To: nicolas@cnam.UUCP
Subject: Re: need hints for Citadel
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.games
Bcc:

In article <194@cnam.UUCP> you write:
>we need some hints for citadel...
>first, what does Transe do?

huh?

>can a level 1 shaman be unable to "find" some spells? We tried all the possible combinations but only a little of them worked.  Will we find more when he is level 2 or higher?

A level 1 cleric can, I think, only cast spells that take at most
one of each elemental.  Some spells can only be cast by wizards, they're
just not available to clerics (Levitas and Accelerare, among the
first and second level spells).

>How can a party rescue a dead member from the dungeon? do they have to be strong enough to carry him?

If someone is dead or unconscious, you can "carry" them by
moving the icon so it's almost on top of another character.

>Are ropes available anywhere in the maze?

No

>how can one go to level 5 be reached without jumping from level 4?

Part of "level 5" (really level 6) can only be reached by jumping
into the pit where the fake Lady Synd was, where you fought the guys
with axes.  However, if you haven't explored the rest of the level
before you jump down, you will never get back out unless you can cast
a Levitas spell...

>What is the answer to the skull question: when did I get here?

Read page V of the manual, the answer is there.  Most of the good
parts of the dungeon are behind that skull -- it blocks another
stair down...

>We found at the beginning a kind of elevator, but we're unable to find it again, is it hidden?

You probably rode the elevator up one level from the level you came
in on, there's an unlocked door there.  When you mess with the skull,
it asks you "how long does it take to fall 10 feet", and promptly
drops you down a pit down to the entry level (really level 2).  If
this has happened, the elevator is stuck up on level 1.  You will find
a way to get back up there, but you'll have to explore the part of
level 6 that you can get to if you get past the skull.  You'll also
have to split the party at some point...

>how can one find keys?

Waaaaay down in there, after a tough fight and some tricky pits.
Actually, there are two keys, but they are on or below the 7th
level.

Don't worry, none of these things will "give" the game away to
you.  You've only just started, believe me...
--
jeremy@quito.stat.washington.edu