[comp.sys.mac.games] Strategic Conquest 2.0 sound

rwanner@bcarh415.bnr.ca (Rick Wanner) (08/28/90)

Strategic Conquest Plus 2.0 has working sound on a Mac SE and above but the
sound doesn't work on Mac Plus.  Has anyone heard any plans of an upgrade
to fix this problem?
The sound worked well in version 1.  I was disappointed when I purchased
version 2.
I sent a letter to the software company, but as usual, no reply.

Richard Wanner    UUCP ..!uunet!bnrgate!bcarh415!rwanner
(613) 763-4159    BNR claims no responsibility for my opinions.  As a matter of
                  a fact I don't think they know I have opinions.

gall@yunexus.YorkU.CA (Norm Gall) (08/28/90)

rwanner@bcarh415.bnr.ca (Rick Wanner) writes:

| Strategic Conquest Plus 2.0 has working sound on a Mac SE and above but the
| sound doesn't work on Mac Plus.  Has anyone heard any plans of an upgrade
| to fix this problem?
| The sound worked well in version 1.  I was disappointed when I purchased
| version 2.
| I sent a letter to the software company, but as usual, no reply.

I use SC+ v2.0 on my plus and the sound is fine.  I have no idea why
yours fails.

nrg
--
"It is not the task of philosophy to affirm or deny the existence of
things, but rather to clarify what assertions or denials of existence

firth@sei.cmu.edu (Robert Firth) (08/29/90)

In article <14400@yunexus.YorkU.CA> gall@nexus.yorku.ca writes:

>I use SC+ v2.0 on my plus and the sound is fine.  I have no idea why
>yours fails.

My experience may help.  I found that the sound works if the
sound files and the game file are in the same folder, but not
otherwise.  So, putting all the sounds in a subsidiary folder
to reduce the clutter makes the game lose them.

gall@yunexus.YorkU.CA (Norm Gall) (08/30/90)

firth@sei.cmu.edu (Robert Firth) writes:

| In article <14400@yunexus.YorkU.CA> gall@nexus.yorku.ca writes:

| >I use SC+ v2.0 on my plus and the sound is fine.  I have no idea why
| >yours fails.

| My experience may help.  I found that the sound works if the
| sound files and the game file are in the same folder, but not
| otherwise.  So, putting all the sounds in a subsidiary folder
| to reduce the clutter makes the game lose them.

Me, too.  That's why I leave all the sounds in the same folder.

nrg
--

gsnow@pro-freedom.cts.com (Gary Snow) (08/30/90)

> Strategic Conquest Plus 2.0 has working sound on a Mac SE and above but the
> sound doesn't work on Mac Plus.  Has anyone heard any plans of an upgrade
> to fix this problem?
> The sound worked well in version 1.  I was disappointed when I purchased
> version 2.
> I sent a letter to the software company, but as usual, no reply.

Something must be wrong with yours, because the sound works just fine on my
Mac Plus.....

Gary
---
    UUCP: ogicse!clark!pro-freedom!gsnow   | Pro-Freedom: 206/253-9389
 ProLine: gsnow@pro-freedom                | Vancouver, Wa
 ARPANet: crash!pro-freedom!gsnow@nosc.mil | Apple*Van
InterNet: gsnow@pro-freedom.cts.com        | Vancouver Apple Users Group

chris@momenta (Chris Christensen) (08/31/90)

>> Strategic Conquest Plus 2.0 has working sound on a Mac SE and above but the
>> sound doesn't work on Mac Plus.  Has anyone heard any plans of an upgrade
>> to fix this problem?

What version of the system are you using on the Plus? If you were using
an earlier version than 6.0 and if SC were written using Sound Manager
routines it would not work. The SE has Sound Manager routines in ROM.