[comp.sys.mac.games] COLOR: Might & Magic II --- WOW!! AWESOME!!

18215MES@MSU.BITNET (09/06/90)

I had to wait two weeks to get the color version (after I bought the B&W7<%s~?
one) - But it sure was worth the wait ( why can't they just sell the color
version??)
Anyway, this game has to have the best, most detailed use of the MAC's
high res graphic capability yet!... 256 colors , with very careful attention
to detail in all graphics - over 200 monsters - and 250 objects (armor etc)
It still retains the clutzy copy protection though... ALSO: It really
needs 2 megs (in multifinder), and some of the pictures are a bit slow to draw
(not bad on a IIci tho..)
Also, In tundara (those who've played it) - whenever I leave the inn, it
puts me in the 'no magic' area within the town - around the perimiter - ???
Why??

Also, I have been using Hypercard to document my game, with a card for each
location, and dungeon (90 cards or so so far) - I am using the built in
mapping feature of the game, and when I display a map, I take a shot of
it with 'exposure' and paste into the appropriate Hypercard card.
Unfortunately, now I can't paste the nice color maps into HC...
Wish it were two years from now when (hopefully) there will be an 8 bit
version of HC available...  :)

Mark Sartor, 221 ag hall, MSU, E. Lansing mi. (18215mes@msu.bitnet)

pug@Apple.COM (Russ Emmons) (09/06/90)

But I have a question.  I'm going crazy trying to get into the castles, but
I can't seem to find the castle key.  I'm guessing (from hints in the
cluebook) that it has something to do with the Fountain of Feldeburg (sp?)
which I have yet to find.  I do have the Fe Farthing already.  Does anyone
have any hints on this?

Thanks in advance.

Russ
pug@apple.com

pug@Apple.COM (Russ Emmons) (09/06/90)

In article <10062@goofy.Apple.COM> I write:

(and the mailer/something left off a line or two, saying)

I have to second the wow's on the color version.  Simply awesome!!!

(and now on to my question...)

J.Holley@@massey.ac.nz (John Holley) (09/07/90)

In article <10062@goofy.Apple.COM> pug@Apple.COM (Russ Emmons) writes:

>But I have a question.  I'm going crazy trying to get into the castles, but
>I can't seem to find the castle key.  I'm guessing (from hints in the
>cluebook) that it has something to do with the Fountain of Feldeburg (sp?)
>which I have yet to find.  I do have the Fe Farthing already.  Does anyone
>have any hints on this?

If you have completed the tasks for Nordon and his sister Nordanna (sp?)
then you will have the info on how to get a castle key.

Want more ?

<spoiler>

You have to tarvel the portals to each town and make a donation at each
temple, then return to the fountain.

John A. Holley                  | J.Holley@massey.ac.nz         : Internet
School of Information Sciences  | J.Holley@nz.ac.massey         : Janet
Massey University               | +64 63 505611                 : Fax
Palmerston North                | +64 63 69099 ext 8616         : Vox
New Zealand                     |  Disclaimer : Sorry! My brain hurts!