[comp.sys.mac.games] Need help on DeathMall 3000

conty@cbnewsl.att.com (enrique.conty) (09/12/90)

I've got the rifle, cutting tool, guide, can of Dyno-go, multicorder batteries,
and a bunch of other stuff.

I've gone through the laser room and got the wallet.

Questions:
- can the left door on the laser room be opened?
- why do I lose everything when I go topside?
- how do I put the batteries on the tricorder?

Thanks in advance;
--

			    E n r i q u e  C o n t y
		  mail, do not R)eply to: jester@ihlpl.att.com

carroll@skat.usc.edu (John Carroll) (09/13/90)

In article <1990Sep11.235517.10289@cbnewsl.att.com> conty@cbnewsl.att.com (enrique.conty) writes:
>I've got the rifle, cutting tool, guide, can of Dyno-go, multicorder batteries,
>and a bunch of other stuff.
>
>I've gone through the laser room and got the wallet.
>
>Questions:
>- can the left door on the laser room be opened?
>- why do I lose everything when I go topside?
>- how do I put the batteries on the tricorder?
>
>Thanks in advance;
>--
>
>			    E n r i q u e  C o n t y
>		  mail, do not R)eply to: jester@ihlpl.att.com

  I have played Deathmall for some time and I have had some of the same
problems.  The left door on the laser room can be opened by clicking on it.
Inside is a room where you will find a first aid kit.

  It seems to me that the objects I am acquiring are preparing me to eventually
go topside and explore what has happened to earth since I last saw it.  I
personally think that there is a bug in the game that causes the reset when
you go up.  It might just be that you have to have done everything in the mall
to proceed.  If this is the case then I am stumped.  I have purchased just
about everything I can think of that would be of value and still it resets for
me.

  I have a question for people who have played this game.  Does anyone know
what the small key found in the vines is for?  If anyone has played this game
and managed to get out of the mall with all of his stuff intact, post some
hints for those of us struggling.

 jcarroll@skat.usc.edu	|     his hat on a windy day.